Sign in to follow this  
Guest GoLo

The MMA Thread

Guest GoLo

I’ve been meaning to make a MMA thread for awhile, so here we go. Not sure what kind of response it’ll get but hey, I’m fucking bored.

For those not in the know, there is a pretty good/big card happening on Saturday (which probably means it will fucking suck ass).

ufc94posterov3.jpg

Venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena

Broadcast: Pay Per View

MAIN CARD

* Welterweight champ Georges St. Pierre vs. lightweight champ B.J. Penn (for welterweight title)

* Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva

* Stephan Bonnar vs. Jon Jones

* Karo Parisyan vs. Dong Hyun Kim

* Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono

* Manny Gamburyan vs. Thiago Tavares

* John Howard vs. Chris Wilson

* Jake O'Brien vs. Christian Wellisch

* Matt Arroyo vs. Dan Cramer

NATE DIAZ

natediazwz3.jpg

VS.

CLAY GUIDA

claygfv5.jpg

Diaz is a little bitch just like his brother, but he’s got some pretty good sound bites, and besides Cory Hill was the only good fighter on whatever season of THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER that he was on. That sentence makes no sense. He’s got some good BJJ, and will probably end up subbing Guida.

DIAZ BY REAR NAKED PHILLY BLUNT in the 2nd.

KARO PARISYAN

karojpgposewebjoelgoldmw0.jpg

VS.

DONG HYUN KIM

5580donghyunkimmicxt7.jpg

Don’t know too much about DONG, but Karo is all about the Judo, and he’s a prick.

DONG by ‘DON’T YOU KNOW WHO I AM’ TKO in the 3rd

STEPHAN BONNAR

ist22505925vintagesyrinba8.jpg

VS.

JON JONES

joneskneeaim640ja3.jpg

I don’t know anything about Jon Jones, but I know that I detest Stephan Bonnar so, lets go with Jones.

JONES KO in the first

LYOTO MACHIDA

sokoudjoumachida02agq0.jpg

VS.

THIAGO SILVA

20476699546cdc3a8db0okh7.jpg

Battle of the 13-0’s, with the makings of a great fight. Winner moving on to inevitable title shot.

MACHIDA with the decision.

GSP

jcvdhc2.jpg

VS.

BJ PENN

fcr6h3we3.jpg

The rematch between arguably the best two pound for pound fighters in the game.

George St. Pierre took a somewhat controversial decision in their first match, and this one is going to be a war. Tons of shit talking, with two really talented fighters.

GSP BY G’N’P TKO stoppage in the 4th.

So yeah, there’s some picks for you, and some sites for you to check out if you’re just getting into MMA

http://www.mmajunkie.com

http://www.bloodyelbow.com

http://www.fightopinion.com

http://www.mmapayout.com

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com

Yahoo! Sports MMA

http://www.mmaweekly.com

http://www.mmamania.com

http://www.mmarated.com

http://www.cagepotato.com/

I forgot the Fitch vs. Gono fight which should also be interesting. Gono has WWE ring entrances. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD3Ytjvp8q4

I'm thinkin Fitch will TKO him in the first.

Edited by GoLo

I'm getting together with some buddies on Saturday night to play some poker and watch the card. I'm not a big fan at all but I do like poker....and anything to get away from the women for an evening of male bondage.

I'm getting together with some buddies on Saturday night to play some poker and watch the card. I'm not a big fan at all but I do like poker....and anything to get away from the women for an evening of male bondage.

Did anyone catch the Freudian slip? ;)

I'm sure Kryl meant bonding... unless he's going to dress up in assless chaps and a ball-gag.

Guest Pittyman
Did anyone catch the Freudian slip? ;)

I'm sure Kryl meant bonding... unless he's going to dress up in assless chaps and a ball-gag.

knowing Kryl, I'm pretty sure he meant Bondage.

I don't know if Penn is going to take GSP to four rounds, although it seems to be a common thought. A lot of people think GSP could take Anderson Silva (I sure as hell am not one of them) and I think there is abolsutely no way Penn could take Silva, so GSP will take it to Penn. I know about their previous bout, but both guys have come a long way since then and I think St. Pierre is going to beat Penn handedly.

Paryisan is a prick, I agree, but he's a good fighter. On thought note, I hope you're right about him losing.

Guest GoLo

The biggest question mark for Penn used to be him gassing, but he seems to have worked on his cardio a lot recently. I really don't know about this fight, I'd love to see GSP win, but I'm starting to have my doubts. Based on nothing of course, just a hunch.

Edited by GoLo

The biggest question mark for Penn used to be him gassing, but he seems to have worked on his cardio a lot recently. I really don't know about this fight, I'd love to see GSP win, but I'm starting to have my doubts. Based on nothing of course, just a hunch.

Agreed.

GSP has no neck.

After an even first round, GSP kicked the ever loving shit out of BJ Penn in the next 3 rounds at which time BJ and/or his corner called it quits.

A dominating performance by St. Pierre.

After an even first round, GSP kicked the ever loving shit out of BJ Penn in the next 3 rounds at which time BJ and/or his corner called it quits.

A dominating performance by St. Pierre.

That was a great performance by GSP. He kicked the shit out of BJ. After each round, BJ looked more and more forlorn. It was great and he will never want to face him again. Alves kissed GSP's ass when asked about their fight. (alves number 1 contender). He will also get his ass kicked. Who would want to fight GSP right now?...no-one. he is a monster fighter.

Great weekend for sports all around. A bunch of hockey, UFC and the superbowl. The girlfriend left me...but she'll be back. We got some peace and quiet for a change. She took all my buddies girlfriends with her! hahaha We never had to hear "we need some quality time together" once from any of 'em. It was the BEST women free weekend of all time. We all did some male Bondage...oops, sorry Kryl, ...Bond...ing.

Guest GoLo

ufc100ygyz.jpg

Well, hyped as the biggest fight in UFC history, 100 is happening July 11th. Are you knob gobblins gonna be watching? I sure as shit am. Here are some picks and some info for anybody who has been living under a rock and wasn't aware that this is happening this weekend.

UFC 100

Date: Jul 11, 2009

Venue: Mandalay Bay Events Center

Broadcast: Pay per view

MAIN CARD

* Champ Brock Lesnar vs. interim champ Frank Mir (heavyweight title unification)

* Champ Georges St. Pierre vs. Thiago Alves (for welterweight title)

* Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago

* Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson

* Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Stephan Bonnar vs. Mark Coleman

* Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller

* Jon Jones vs. Jake O'Brien

* C.B. Dollaway vs. Tom Lawlor

* Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty

* T.J. Grant vs. Dong Hyun Kim

Heavyweight Title Fight

BROCK LESNAR

brockf51.gif

VS

FRANK MIR

28i6bee.jpg

In their first fight Brock had Mir in some trouble because he's basically like a fucking tank rolling over shit. I can see the same happening this fight, as long as Mir can weather the storm and impose his will via sub's or boxing, I've got Mir taking this fight.

Welterweight Title Fight

GSP

2cftg0m.gif

VS

Thiago Alves

chuck3pitbull.jpg

Alves has some brutal KO power, but c'mon it's fucking GSP. He'll take him down, and then take him down, then take him down. Then maybe he'll take him down and then pound the shit out of him.

Paulo Thiago

hgfgh.jpg

VS

John Fitch

6869jonfitch0133.jpg

Fitch was the up and comer before he ran into GSP's fists and elbows and ended up looking like meatloaf and taking an L (see pic above). I don't know too much about Thiago, but I assume that he's going to win for no reason whatsoever.

Dan Henderson

danhenderson1000565.jpg

VS

Micheal Bisping

countvoncount.jpg

I like Dan when he's not dragging out fucking 355 round decisions and he lets that right hand go. I despise pretty much everything about Bisping, and I'm pretty sure he'll get his comeuppance on July 11th. At least I hope so.

There are some other fights that should prove to be interesting as well i.e. Jon Jones giving Jake O'Brien the beating of his life. Should be good!

Edited by GoLo

aaaahhhh hahah. well done sir!

Guest GoLo

UFC 100 Weigh-in Results:

Brock Lesnar (265) vs. Frank Mir (245)

Georges St. Pierre (170) vs. Thiago Alves (170)

Jon Fitch (170) vs. Paulo Thiago (170)

Dan Henderson (185) vs. Michael Bisping (186)

Yoshihiro Akiyama (185) vs. Alan Belcher (186)

Mark Coleman (205) vs. Stephan Bonnar (205)

Mac Danzig (154) vs. Jim Miller (155)

Jon Jones (206) vs. Jake O'Brien (206)

Dong Hyun Kim (171) vs. T.J. Grant (170)

CB Dollaway (186) vs. Tom Lawlor (184)

Matt Grice (155) vs. Shannon Gugerty (156)

My friend is getting married and I have to miss this fight card. Serious buzz kill.

Jon Fitch is fucking sweet, I hope he owns. Frank Mir is going to take down Lesnar and Dana White's poster child will be brought back to Earth yet again. I'm interested to see how Dollaway does too, he's got serious potential. Peruvian Necktie!

I'm gonna get absolutely smashed watching this one tonight. Should be good.

Brock Lesnar is a fucking tank

Lesnar is a fucking jack-ass. Woulda been nice to see Mir beat him again, but no one really had money on that. If Lesnar's not careful he's going to get more than just a couple of sit-downs with Dana White (I know, terrifying :P)

As for GSP, they had the fight with Alves marketed as the biggest challenge of GSP's career, and considering what went down Saturday, if that's the case, UFC needs some new welterweight blood. Because GSP, groin injury and all, owned Alves.

Was nice to see Henderson take out Bisping though in style. Some sweet retribution from the Americans. :P

Guest GoLo

I want to see Forest win tonight, but methinks it ain't gonna happen.

I don't think KenFlo has anything that would pose any sort of threat to Baby Jay.

Should be a good card though. :)

So apparently the reason why he runs to the back is he has a dislocated jaw, and can't hear out of one ear. Regardless, still looked bad.

Edited by GoLo

Guest GoLo
I really hope Brandon Vera gets destroyed.

Me too. This card has a lot fighters I fucking loathe on it. ( Leben, Jardine, Vera, Ed Herman.)

Damian "I'll submit your ass from anywhere" Maia vs. Nate "Tekken Combo" Marquart is going to be an awesome fight.

marquardtsspectactularf.gif

Edited by GoLo