Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

The Romanians have done it again...

Recommended Posts

People, people, people. Web 2.0 can do a lot of things, but it doesn't change the laws of physics, particularly in regards to the transmission of electricity.

 

To wit: A teenage girl was discovered dead this weekend, electrocuted after dropping her laptop in the bathtub.

 

Why did she need a computer in the tub? So she could update Twitter. About what she was tweeting remains unclear, but it was hopefully something more meaningful than the soap she was using.

 

Maria Barbu, 17, of Brasov, Romania, is said to have been plugging her laptop into wall current at the time, after "the battery died during a long session on social networking site Twitter as she took a soak."

 

Additional details are lacking, and are unlikely to be forthcoming anytime soon. And it's unclear whether the laptop slipped from her hands or if she was so wet that the water dripping off of her closed the circuit and caused the shock.

 

http://ca.tech.yahoo.com/blogs/the_gadget_...ss/article/3656

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really think that's all that idiotic. I mean, I'm not saying what she did was smart, but it's hardly Darwin Award material. I routinely sit in hotel bathtubs while watching episodes of Seinfeld/Sunny in Philly/The Wire on the work laptop when I'm travelling for work. I don't have it plugged in, but I can see myself overlooking something dumb like that, especially after a long day of working on the water in the hot sun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×