Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

Kamloops Blazers celebrate NHL '94-style

This is epically awesome. Not that I can game anymore, but when I did NHL 94 was always my favourite hockey game.

Were those guys born in 94? Do they even know what Super Nintendo is?

Were those guys born in 94? Do they even know what Super Nintendo is?

How many parties have you been to where there's a SNES?

Most house parties I'm at seem to have DK, or Mario Kart, or duck hunt set up.

Most parties I go to don't have people playing video games, let alone video games that are over 15 years old. Sometimes people are playing guitar hero or rock band, but I can't recall a party in the last 10 years where anyone was playing duck hunt, donkey kong or mario kart. I would also be very surprised if guys who are in the CHL now (less than 20 years old) even own an SNES or have access to one. It seemed a bit odd to me, which is why I spoke up.

I went to a party over Christmas (and when I say party, it was 10-15 guys in the basement with the wives/girlfriends upstairs) with a Nintendo 64 hooked up. Goldeneye and WCW Revenge ruled the night.

Most parties I go to don't have people playing video games, let alone video games that are over 15 years old. Sometimes people are playing guitar hero or rock band, but I can't recall a party in the last 10 years where anyone was playing duck hunt, donkey kong or mario kart. I would also be very surprised if guys who are in the CHL now (less than 20 years old) even own an SNES or have access to one. It seemed a bit odd to me, which is why I spoke up.

It's never the focal point of the party, but it's there and it's fun to have some beers play mario kart.