Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

2012 World Junior Hockey Championships

Team Canada:

wjhc_roster.jpg

Canada's first exhibition game is Monday night against Finland at the Saddledome in Calgary. They also play warm-up games in Red Deer against Switzerland and in Edmonton against Sweden.

Canada opens the tournament on Boxing Day against Finland (in Edmonton).

The Team looks good, I only wish the Leafs had some prospects playing for Canada, but Brad Ross got cut. But I know I'll be watching.

Petter Granberg will be playing for Sweden, so that's one to watch.

No phenom on the Canadian roster. I wonder who the next one will be. I hear Alex Forsberg will be a special one in a couple of years.

Any on the American side? Seems like we draft a lot of US prospects.

Nope, the Leafs don't have anybody in the US selection camp.

The Leafs do draft a lot of prospects who go the NCAA route, but many are Canadian.

No phenom on the Canadian roster. I wonder who the next one will be. I hear Alex Forsberg will be a special one in a couple of years.

Alex Forsberg grew up in Martensville about 2 streets down from me. His Dad is a dick, his brothers were great at baseball, and Alex used to be fat. Having said that, the kid can play. I've reffed his games a few years ago and it was already Forsberg time.

I can not stress enough how big of a dick his Dad is. He used to be the referee assignor in Martensville, and if he didn't tell me the story of how he had 14 knee surgeries about 23 times, it's only because I zoned out. Apparently he was a pretty stellar hockey player too until his knees got destroyed by a hit along the boards.

Just saying, I know this Forsberg kid, and he can play.

From what I understand this Dougie Hamilton kid that the Bruins drafted with the Leaf draft pick from the Kessel trade is supposed to be quite a phenom.

Canada gets its tournament underway at 3:30pm today against Finland

Canada dismantles the Finns by a score of 8-1

Sweden's PK mirrors that of the Leafs but win against Latvia by a score of 9-4. Good to get those defensive lapses out of the way.

Canada up 5-0 late on the Czech's. USA lost to Finland this afternoon, and assuming Canada puts away Denmark they will be in good position to clinch their division and a bye to the Semi's.

Finland beat the Americans 4-1 to really help out Canada a lot. Takes some of the drama away from the New Years Eve game, though.

The Danes are completely out of their depth against Canada. Down 5-0 early in the second. Only 6 shots for the Danes.

Canada clinches Pool B and a spot in the semi finals with the Czechs 5-2 win over the U.S. Finland beats Denmark to send the U.S to the relegation round

Pretty good goaltending battle going on in the Quarters between Russia and the Czechs. 1-1 late in the 3rd. Winner faces Canada in the Semi's tomorrow.

Finland defeated Slovakia in the other Quarter and will play Sweden in the other quarter.

Canada vs. Russia in the semis now. Scary draw just to get in the gold medal game, but I guess they have beat them at some point.

Sweden beats Finland in a shoot out to advance to the Gold Medal Game

Sweden beats Finland in a shoot out to advance to the Gold Medal Game secure the silver medal.

Sweden beats Finland in a shoot out to advance to the Gold Medal Game secure the silver medal.

That's probably true. Kinda of glad I'll be asleep for that game. Not anticipating any succes.

Oh boy international refs are awful