Bret

The Last Movie You Watched

Just watched Sausage Party, wouldn't bother, atrocious, I wish I could have my 8 quid back. 

16 hours ago, chesterblue said:

Just watched Sausage Party, wouldn't bother, atrocious, I wish I could have my 8 quid back. 

Ya. but you're you.  We pretty much disagree with everything you have to say so the rest of us will probably enjoy Sausage Party just fine.  Thanks.

We all agree your wife takes it like a trooper :P

I had low expectations with it having Seth Rogen in it anyway. They were firmly met.

4 hours ago, chesterblue said:

We all agree your wife takes it like a trooper :P

I had low expectations with it having Seth Rogen in it anyway. They were firmly met.

We finally get rid of Puffy and now you're the gift that keeps on giving.

Well if you don't like wife jokes, you won't like this film.

5 hours ago, chesterblue said:

Well if you don't like wife jokes, you won't like this film.

I love wife jokes...I'm just not a fan of yours.

9 hours ago, Krylian said:

I love wife jokes...I'm just not a fan of yours.

I'm not a fan of his wife either. The inflatable rubber chafes my nuts.

Watched Sing Street a few weeks ago.  Great coming of age feel good movie.  One of my faves of 2016 so far no doubt!

Watched Deepwater Horizon on Friday night.  Very well done.  Marky Mark was very good in it. Better than I thought it would be.  

These types of movies are right in Peter Berg's wheelhouse.  He's got Patriot's Day coming out on Christmas, about the Boston Marathon bombing.

This is on Netflix now. It's pretty good. Nice Irish film.

Watched Hacksaw Ridge tonight. Was really, really good. It had a touch of heavy handed Mel Gibson symbolism, but it actually fit the story really well so it actually blended in pretty seamlessly.

The real story is even more unbelievable than the movie, in fact.

Saw Arrival last night.

I loved this movie.  A slow burn for the first two-thirds, but that doesn't mean it was boring.  It was fascinating.  And then that third act was a real mind trip.  We left the theatre in silence, then starting talking about it, piecing together what we just saw and how we interpreted it.  I had to sleep on it.  And it's one of those movies that the more you think about it, the better it gets.  I definitely have to see it again.

If you have a brain in your head and like movies that provoke your mind and force you to think, this is for you.  If you're looking for a simple alien invasion movie and don't want to think, then I would say that you should try and broaden your scope and really go into this with an open mind.

Probably my favourite movie so far this year that I've seen...but I'm admittedly a little behind (hopefully will see Hell or High Water this weekend).

Edited by Krylian

Hell or High Water.  Another excellent movie.

Recommended.

Finally got around to watching Sicario.  Very good movie.  A little unrealistic, but very intense with great direction and great performances.

Saw Kubo and the Two Strings tonight.  Such as great animated feature.  Best I've seen in a while.

Watched Imperium a few nights ago.

American History X meets The Departed.  Not on the same level as either of those imo but still a very, very solid movie and worth the watch.  Radcliffe was very good and pulled off the American accent impeccably.

On 11/25/2016 at 0:43 PM, Krylian said:

Watched Imperium a few nights ago.

American History X meets The Departed.  Not on the same level as either of those imo but still a very, very solid movie and worth the watch.  Radcliffe was very good and pulled off the American accent impeccably.

I watched this with my mom and fiance on Sunday night. Powerful movie. A lot of great imagery. I was expecting a bigger, more dramatic (violent?) ending... but it was pretty dialed back. The whole movie I kept thinking... "this is Trump's America. We have more of this to look forward to in the next four years."

Watched The Nice Guys this past weekend.  Wanted to see it when it came out but didn't get around to it.  The positive buzz is warranted.  So good and entertaining.  Might end up being in my Top 5 of the year.  

I saw Rogue One earlier today. Great movie! Nice pace, good music, great action sequences. I highly recommend it!

14 minutes ago, Magnus said:

I saw Rogue One earlier today. Great movie! Nice pace, good music, great action sequences. I highly recommend it!

Seeing it Friday with the family.

Saw Thor last night.  Lots of fun, lots of action, lots of comedy.  Could be the most different Marvel movie I've seen.  It was a comedy first and a Superhero movie second.  It took me a little time to get used to cause the comedy was so different than what we're used to it feels like Thor himself is a completely different character from what we've seen all these years.  Not all the comedy worked, but a lot did hit.  Not the masterpiece superhero movie some are saying, but a great time at the movies nonetheless.

Wonder is getting solid reviews.  I'm not an emotional guy, and actually hate the blatant tear jerker movies that try for the tear ducts without the tears actually being earned.  I hope this isn't like that.  This Is Us is a show that's really annoying me like that.  They try to make your cry every episode and often there's zero need for it.  Melodrama can work but only in the right circumstances.  I'll be curious to see if Wonder pulls it off effectively for me.