Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

Your 2013 Toronto Maple Leafs

Kessel has the most shots and most scoring chances in the league. This isn't a buy low scenario. The guy is a little snakebitten.

Leave it to Leafs fans to jump all over someone who has been the 6th best point getter in the league since coming to Toronto. The guy is an ace. Jesus.

That can't be right. Can it?

That can't be right. Can it?

I think he means goals. He can't possibly be top 6 in points since coming here.

Last year was the first time he had more than 64 points in a season. No way he's top 6 point wise.

Edited by Puffy

Kessel has the most shots and most scoring chances in the league. This isn't a buy low scenario. The guy is a little snakebitten.

Leave it to Leafs fans to jump all over someone who has been the 6th best point getter in the league since coming to Toronto. The guy is an ace. Jesus.

How about giving Leafs fans a proper rebuild. JUST ONCE!!!

Kessel was in the top 10 in scoring last season and thrived with a half-decent linemate in Lupul. Imagine how he'd do with someone other than Tyler Bozak at C. If I'm Nonis, I'm telling teams that unless they're willing to give what the Leafs gave up for him, to take a hike, and focus on re-signing Kessel.

Also, Kessel is young and has been successful here. I say do everything you can to keep him in TO. Fill his pockets with money. He's a superstar who is getting the Sundin treatment, except because he's not as beloved as Mats was, people are jumping all over him about a slump.

This team is playing .500 hockey with Kessel not scoring. Let the man play.

I don't throw the term "superstar" around as liberally as others. Kessel is NOT, a superstar.

I have to agree with Krylian here. Being the best player on the Leafs does not make you a superstar.

Being the 6th best goal scorer in the league over the last 3ish years does not make you a superstar?

Being the 6th best goal scorer in the league over the last 3ish years does not make you a superstar?

He would be a superstar if he was able to carry the team like Mats Sundin did... Speaking of which, too bad we never got to experience a Lupul - Sundin - Kessel line... Christ, that's a lot of awesome.

Yeah, but there is no way those Leafs teams with Sundin were worse than this rag tag bunch of scumbags.

Yeah, but there is no way those Leafs teams with Sundin were worse than this rag tag bunch of scumbags.

96-98 was pretty awful.

Superstar, to me, is a franchise changing player. A guy that can carry a team, as Magus mentioned. Someone who makes those around him better...but doesn't need others to make him shine. I'm willing to call Kessel a star...but Superstar? No way, Ray.

Kessel is a complimentary player.

He's the type of guy you add to a team that already has that franchise player.

Edited by Puffy

Kessel is a 2nd liner on a championship team IMO.

No. he's a first liner on any team in the NHL. With a #1C he scores 40+ easily.

Lol wtf? Yeah, I'd keep the 6th best goal scorer in the league on my second line as well. Probably put Phaneuf as his winger, too.

it was the memory of you that brought me back, Puff. Someone on my Facebook said, "Why is it that everything dubious in Europe has its roots in Romania? Now the horse meat scandal, previously blamed on France, is shifting its sights onto Romania—apparently Romanian gypsy gangs are to blame." Hahah, made me laugh and think of you and the Lf.ca gang—the fact that the Leafs just won big probably helped, too.

Hey I remember you!

I'm back. Nick's back. Austin liked my Facebook status today... no Brad though still :(

it was the memory of you that brought me back, Puff. Someone on my Facebook said, "Why is it that everything dubious in Europe has its roots in Romania? Now the horse meat scandal, previously blamed on France, is shifting its sights onto Romania—apparently Romanian gypsy gangs are to blame." Hahah, made me laugh and think of you and the Lf.ca gang—the fact that the Leafs just won big probably helped, too.

The memory of me brought you back? I am so touched! Thank you.

Romania is always guilty of something so it's easy to blame us. No matter what you blame us for we look so scared and guilty, even if we didn't do it.

Is Osama Bin Laden here? No....but I have 240 Liters of homemade moonshine in my garage, please go away!

Edited by Puffy