Sign in to follow this  
foxi

The Association Football Thread

I think we can justify a thread of its own now.

All football related abuse/ramblings here!

I cheered for Chelsea for a little while.

Mainly because they had Adrian Mutu.

I'm afraid this will be my only contribution to this thread.

chester fc top of conference blue square north

also rio ferdinand has show what a gobshite he is, after saying man utd are bigger than england, i would give most of my internal organs to play for england like he has done, and i think i would show alot more passion and pride than he did aswell, hes only got a couple of seasons left in him, being what 34ish now

and as for david beckham, gives his playing wages to charity, equates to about 3 mil for 5 months, however, the consortium that own PSG also are the main backers behind Qatars world cup bid, and have paid beckham 20mil to promote this

I started following Tottenham a couple of years ago. Looking forward to seeing what the new stadium can do to their wage structure.

LFC away to City tomorrow. I have to work again and won't see this match. Again probably for the better...

Edited by Ryan

LFC away to City tomorrow. I have to work again and won't see this match. Again probably for the better...

Yeah probably is..

i hope city wipe the floor with them

with reference to paradise, with chester fc, because it fan owned, you get people elected onto the board now, these people are fans and most of them are passionate about the club and thats it, no business brains etc, now for whatever reason, we have been over spending, board budgeted for 2,700 average gates, now whether they have just not noticed this money go out due to players coming and going or we are trying to get into conference prem no matter not, we'll never know, new chairman has been voted in and he noticed these issues instantly (he has a business and the brain to go with it) also some cunt who worked behind the bar has somehow managed to boost 20 grand personally i think the bastard should be brought onto the pitch at half time, strung up on the crossbar, and fucking tortured, flamethrower, darts, acid, then get the hooligans to finish him off, with their rockports adidas gazelles and the odd butterfly knife with a nice chelsea smile to finish

The overspending is kind of embarrassing, especially after what happened with Chester City. I think a few people got carried away with the constant promotions, and set their sights too high, too fast.

we're not in debt, they have dipped into the reserves of money we have built up, not the end of the world but still not needed to be done yeah alot of fans aint happy with it

LFC draws City. Can't really complain about that. Just watched the highlights, seemed like a good match. Last 2 goals were amazing.

Looks likely that the title is going back to Utd, barring an even more dramatic end to the season. The gap looks too big to close down now. Annoying, as Manure have looked sloppy this season and have conseeded a lot of goals. RVP has been the difference.

just goes to show how poor the prem is really, if the saving grace of the leaders is just one man, i would like to see the german league model in britain, alot more fairer

newcastle utd play danny simpson, is on the front page of the sun with blood pouring out his cake hole, after a night out, he was giving it the big i am in a chippy, and punched an old man, tried to get a taxi out of the area, someone got him out the taxi and gave him the good news

newcastle utd play danny simpson, is on the front page of the sun with blood pouring out his cake hole, after a night out, he was giving it the big i am in a chippy, and punched an old man, tried to get a taxi out of the area, someone got him out the taxi and gave him the good news

Haha, I love it. Giving it the big man footballer act, in a chip shop.

Some international friendlies today;

England vs Brazil (Sportsnet One)

Spain vs Uruguay (Sportsnet East etc.)

France vs Germany (Sportsnet East etc.)

Pleeeeease don't embarrass us England.

So whats the point of friendlies exactly?

Do they help with FIFA rankings or are they just a fun little way to practice for World/Euro Cups?

The friendlies are mostly pointless and largely dull affairs, but they give the coaches a chance to try out new squad members, rotate players, try new formations etc.

Think the England game is celebrating 150 years of the English Football Association.

well in brazils case because their kit supplier is nike, in brazils contract they have to play 2 friendlies a year, also they are a good way for the f.a. to recoup money they lost on building the new wembley