Sign in to follow this  
Krylian

2015 NHL Draft Lottery Predictions....

So the lottery is being held on April 18th...

Here are the odds...

Buffalo - 20%

Arizona - 13.5%

Edmonton - 11.5%

Toronto - 9.5%

Carolina - 8.5%

New Jersey - 7.5%

Philadelphia - 6.5%

Columbus - 6%

San Jose - 5%

Colorado - 3.5%

Florida - 3%

Dallas - 2.5%

Los Angeles - 2%

Boston - 1%

-------

Who do you think will win the draft lottery?

Took me 21 tries on the simulator to get the Leafs to win.

Took me 21 tries on the simulator to get the Leafs to win.

Isn't that like 4.5%?

Toronto or Arizona. Maybe Carolina.

Shits rigged, but it would be too obvious if the NHL let Arizona won. They'll win it next year.

I'm thinking New Jersey, but I could also see Carolina winning it too. Both organizations could really use a McDavid to turn it around.

I keep telling you guys, Carolina will win.

Why? Because the Leafs need more irony.

Unless of course it's fixed, in which case McDavid better pack his sunscreen 'cause he's going to Phoenix.

It'll be Boston, because Jacobs will throw a shit fit in the Boardroom and Bettman will make sure they win.

The first time I ran the simulator the Leafs won, I laughed. The second time L.A won, I laughed again. The third time Boston won, I didn't laugh.

Edited by dubmarine

If we're talking riggage, could it not be rigged for the Leafs?

I mean, think about it, that's at least a few more million for the Leafs/NHL and TV ratings would be through the roof. Tsn and Sportsnet would finally have a reason to cover the Leafs all the time as well. Sure, Father Bettman could rig it for the Yotes, but nobody in that region will give a fuck until they make the playoffs. If anything, it might increase Arizona's popularity in Canada a bit.

Looking at it from McDavid's point of view: if he goes to Toronto, he will be the most popular athlete there as soon as the pick is announced and will be treated as God. Yeah, some players don't like the publicity of a major hockey market, but I don't think he would mind, he's Canadian and he did say playing for the Leafs would be a dream come true or some shit

Idk, something just tells me Leafs "win" this thing.

Edited by Dylan E

If it is rigged, it will definitely be Toronto or Arizona. Toronto for the money and because the franchise is quite unstable right now. Not ideal for Rogers after just forking over 5.2 billion dollars.

I'm more inclined to think it's Zona though. Bettman's ultimate goal now is a massive american TV deal similar to the one he got from Rogers. Realistically his only option for this is NBC. Because of the population, the Arizona market is VERY important to NBC and they would only sign such a contract if the Coyotes are stable, competitive, and in Arizona. They seem to think there is untapped potential in that market and they all refuse to admit that Ice Hockey in the desert is / was / will always be a fucking terrible idea. They continue to beat the dead horse, and if Connor McDavid can't save the Coyotes nothing can. It's Bettman's last shot to get them up and running and I think he will take it.

From a money standpoint, Toronto is the NHL's best bet for sure. But Bettman is so stubborn and hates Canada so much he will give up that money to save his failed hockey in non-hockey places experiment.

I'm picking Arizona officially cause as someone that played pro line, I've learned to never bet on the Leafs for anything.

I don't know why but I have a feeling we are actually going to win the lottery. Wtf is wrong with me?

I don't know why but I have a feeling we are actually going to win the lottery. Wtf is wrong with me?

Hope is overcoming reality.

It doesn't matter who wins. It'll be rigged no matter what.