Gordon Powers

old school

boy is this site quiet

​Tis the offseason my friend. It'll remain like this till the Draft, and then will pick up again around Training Camp. 

But for the most part, you've already seen the main members of this community. There just isn't much to talk about right now :(

​Tis the offseason my friend. It'll remain like this till the Draft, and then will pick up again around Training Camp. 

But for the most part, you've already seen the main members of this community. There just isn't much to talk about right now :(

Shhhhhhhhhh! I'm tryin' to get some sleep here. 

fuck I joined forums so I wont be bored all day. its so boring in a small town of 900. not much to do.

fuck I joined forums so I wont be bored all day. its so boring in a small town of 900. not much to do.

​Play Tennis with a goat. All the cool kids are doing it. ;) 

I recommend  passing the time by watching Mike Babcock's press conference again. I've watched it three times, and it gets better with each viewing. 

"It's time to put Canada's team back on the map."

You're God damn right it is. 

The salt from the other fan bases has been delicious these last few days. Finally, the Leafs do something right and they're still trying to knock us down a peg. Not now, motherfuckers. The Leafs have the best coach in the NHL and they can't fucking handle it. 

Edited by Dylan E

I recommend  passing the time by watching Mike Babcock's press conference again. I've watched it three times, and it gets better with each viewing. 

"It's time to put Canada's team back on the map."

You're God damn right it is. 

The salt from the other fan bases has been delicious these last few days. Finally, the Leafs do something right and they're still trying to knock us down a peg. Not now, motherfuckers. The Leafs have the best coach in the NHL and they can't fucking handle it. 

You haven't been on the boards in a time where the Leafs were cup contenders.  If/when that happens again, get your troll gear ready.

You haven't been on the boards in a time where the Leafs were cup contenders.  If/when that happens again, get your troll gear ready.

​I'll never understand the amount of hate the Leafs get. They're constantly one of the worst teams in the NHL these days and people still go about making sure to tell every Leafs fan that our team sucks and hasn't won anything since 1967. We know.

"Oh they're on TV so much." They're the most popular hockey team in Canada and possibly the world, get over it. Tsn and the sports channels are going to cover what's popular. Plus, that argument doesn't really work in the internet era. There are so many ways to get news on other teams now and if you're concerned with the Leafs game always being on, internet streaming is so easy these days a blind monkey could figure it out. 

I also keep hearing about how Babcock is apparently going to be fired in three years. I have a tough time buying that because:

1) Do you think Babcock would be dumb enough to come here if the board wasn't going to commit to this plan he kept mentioning at the presser? He's no idiot and I think he's here for duration of his contract unless we have an 0-82 season or some shit.

2) Maybe I'm viewing this with blue tinted goggles, but I really believe the Leafs will stick with this. I'd even go as far as to say that the hiring of Babcock is the best decision this organization has made since I've become of fan. Easily. 

The majority of Leafs Nation is all aboard for this rebuild and the ones we aren't have already fucked off to new teams, I hope. 

I'll try to dig up a comment I read on another message board saying something like, "Idk if Shanny and Babs are an improvement of Carlyle and Nonis. Wut? Oh wait, scratch that. This is a much better post. LOL

Leafs had a very good coach and they fired him. Check out how many rings Carlyle has in comparison to Babcock. This is yet another laughable knee-jerk overreaction from the most dysfunctional organization in sports. 

Hahahahaha!!! Anyway, sorry for this huge ass post, just needed to get this off my chest.  

Edited by Dylan E

Did this board exist the last time the Leafs we're contenders?

The last time they made it past the second round was '01/'02...

Did this board exist the last time the Leafs we're contenders?

The last time they made it past the second round was '01/'02...

I joined in February '03 I think.  They didn't make it to the conference finals during my tenure here, but they were still considered a contender, although not a favorite.  Lots of Sens trolls.  Lots of action on the boards.  Lots of fun.

Believe me, as soon as this team starts having a little success and wins a playoff round, the meatheads will come out.

Yeah, but places like Twitter and Reddit exist now. The days of a huge, bustling forum atmosphere are slowly coming to an end. 

Yeah I have to agree with bret. With the rise of social media smaller forums like these will probably never be like they were in the mid-2000's

Ever since the update, seems like theres a lot of memebers joining. Dont think this site will attract that much traffic, but it'd be pretty cool if it did.