Jordan

Leafs hire Mike Babcock

The last thing I want to see is this 'core' of players getting more chances. Blow this shit up. I don't care if it takes 9 or 10 years, I do not want to see Phaneuf / Kessel / Bozak / Lupul on this team anymore.

​I guess the way I see it that a 'rebuild' will not only take years, but who knows what it's end result will be?

This notion that the Leafs will become the next LA Kings, or Chicago Blackhawks, or Pittsburgh Penguins is a far reach...Hi-end draft picks, and a crap ton of luck (in later rounds), and smart UFA additions are needed.

Will the Leafs end up like 1 of the teams mentioned above, or the current day Edmonton Oilers, or what we saw in Chicago circa mid 90's thru 2007?

​The current day Edmonton Oilers will have Conor McDavid in about a month.  I'd much rather be in their position right now than the Leafs...and it's not close.

​I guess the way I see it that a 'rebuild' will not only take years, but who knows what it's end result will be?

This notion that the Leafs will become the next LA Kings, or Chicago Blackhawks, or Pittsburgh Penguins is a far reach...Hi-end draft picks, and a crap ton of luck (in later rounds), and smart UFA additions are needed.

Will the Leafs end up like 1 of the teams mentioned above, or the current day Edmonton Oilers, or what we saw in Chicago circa mid 90's thru 2007?

​Building slowly through the draft has been far more effective than whatever the hell it is the Leafs have done for the past decade.

There's never any guarantees, but in the cap era, where it's hard to trade and top players never go to free agency, you have to go through the draft.

​From an outsider looking in - it appears a combo of ineffective coaching, micro mgt, and massive media pressure can take a portion of blame in this mess.

A good example is how Morgan Rielly's comment on 'being a girl about it' got way overblown...Yeah - not 'pc', but Christ on a cross can things get any worse under the microscope?

​It has always been a case of management trying to speed things up. 

The media is great when things are going well. 

But in the end, it has to be on the players who were here and have a proven track record of folding up shop when things got tough. A group of losers that need to be disbanded.

Wings assistant coach Jim Hiller is coming to Toronto with Babcock. 

Wings assistant coach Jim Hiller is coming to Toronto with Babcock. 

​Shanny is straight stripping' Detroit now. Next up, we bring in the new scouts.

Did anyone see his last interview with the Detroit media? 

He was freaking crying. 

I really hope the Red Wings fans give him a standing ovation when he returns. 

Did anyone see his last interview with the Detroit media? 

He was freaking crying. 

I really hope the Red Wings fans give him a standing ovation when he returns. 

​I'm sure the Joe will make some noise when Babcock walks into the arena...With BOOS!

All kidding aside - I'm certain he'll get a standing ovation.

well believe it baby we finale got a perfect coach. bask in its awesomeness have a beer on me.

oh! baby it will man. I bet grapes feels like a kid again.

I still can't believe this happened.

​Same man. 

I knew we would make a serious offer, but I never actually expected him to come here. 

It's awesome. Now we just need to get rid of this core. 

He'll get booed in Buffalo lol

​He will get booed in Toronto after their first 3 game losing streak and the media will start their spin on "was he the right guy?"

Edited by LighthouseKeeper

the best thing that could happen to the leafs is winning a stanley cup

or the bell centre burning down

Can't we have both?

Now not sure what is going on with this but it is not allowing me to post or comment the right ways but seems i am quoting lol but what hope does not happen is that leaf fans get inpatient and start yelling for this guys head let the rebuild happen and be patiend if we do this right than we will have a cup team.

Some are calling it the Babcock factor, anyway, Cody Franson wants to sign back up for the Leafs.

Some are calling it the Babcock factor, anyway, Cody Franson wants to sign back up for the Leafs.

​Only if we can trade him away for another 1st rounder.

Kick rocks, Cody.  

Thanks, but no thanks.