SP - R.A. Dickey

SP - J.A. Happ

SP - Aaron Sanchez

RP - Drew Storen

RP - Roberto Osuna

RP - Brett Cecil

RP - Aaron Louuuup

RP - Jesse Chavez

Bubble arms: Gavin Floyd, Pat Venditte, Arnold Leon, Bo Schultz, Steve Delabar, Drew Hutchison, David Aardsma, Roberto "Don't call me Fausto" Hernandez, Ryan Tepera, Brad Penny

DL: Devon Travis

Edited by Jordan

I think Hutch will make the team as the #5.  I think they're going to leave Sanchez in the pen for 2016.  They're going full balls deep mode for this year.  I see a re-structuring after this season ends though.

One more pitcher and that's still a fucking great, if not better than last year lineup. 

How long is Travis on the DL for to start? Need some 2B help.

One more pitcher and that's still a fucking great, if not better than last year lineup. 

How long is Travis on the DL for to start? Need some 2B help.

Probably May at best. 

Dont think we're gonna re-sign EE. Dont think the budget is there to sign both Jose and him, and the right choice would be to bring back Jose imo. EE is a lot more injury prone.

As much as I love em - let em go. Don't need to commit big term and dollars during their declining years. 

Get one last run out of them, get the draft picks and move on. 

The baseball insiders seem to think the Jays are on the verge of acquiring Jay Bruce for reasons that aren't immediately clear.

EDIT: 3-way deal that would see Michael Saunders go to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of Orange County.

Edited by Jordan

Those Bautista comments dont exactly make me hopeful that he'll return. Hopefully his demands are reasonable. 

Gaining Bruce and losing Saunders is just a step sideways. More pitching, please.

I never thought Bautista was going to return...and I'm not sure I want him to.  He's going to be 36 in October.  He's going to ask for 5 years...and someone will give it to him...along with $20-25M per for each and every one of those 5 years.  I want no part of that.

Ride out 2016 and if they contend, hope for a long run.  If they struggle, see if anyone wants to pay handsomely for a rental...if not, take the compensation and walk away.

Sounds like they're just reviewing medical records now and it's a foregone conclusion.

Bruce to Jays

Saunders to Angels

Prospects to Reds

Bruce is just Smoak in the outfield. I don't really get this trade. 

Bruce is just Smoak in the outfield. I don't really get this trade. 

...or Colby Rasmus

Something is holding this deal up on the medical front. Probably Saunders' knee.

Apparently it's a concern with the prospect going to Cincy. 

That figure isn't true. Bats straight up said it was false.

Probably more like 5/120 mil.

That figure isn't true. Bats straight up said it was false.

Probably more like 5/120 mil.

Bats would never admit to it.

There's no way he's only asking for 5/120.  Joey B may have some flaws, but undervaluing himself isn't one of them.  I have no doubt that he's looking for $30m a year.

Even at $25M per season...do you want to give that to Bautista at ages 36-40?  He's already declining in the field.  No way I pay that for a 1B/DH...cause realistically, that's where he should be in a year...or two max.

Edited by Krylian

I'm not saying pay the man. I'm on the fence about it or not, actually.

But you're right about Joey. He's got flaws, but also not one of them is his smarts. He knows 150 mil is ridiculous, and he's also not a liar. I believe when asked if those were the numbers involved in his price his exact response was "false". Those numbers are off.

Maybe he gets offered that in free agency by some team with money coming out of their ass (BoSox), but his demands won't be that high. Not a chance.

There's no fence if we're anywhere in the 5/150 conversation.

Was Toronto brutally unfair to this guy? I admire bluntness, but I felt like his "take it or leave it, no negotiation" mentality seemed a bit disrespectful. I'm not saying he's wrong, but his tone makes me want to kick him in the balls.

Keep in mind, I'm new to the MLB. 

Fence is with regard to 30 mil less.

I wouldn't say Toronto has been unfair to him, but he's fully honoured his entire contract that has in the last 4ish years proved to be a pretty massive discount. He has all the leverage here.