Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

AL Wild Card - Orioles @ Blue Jays

8:08 first pitch at SkyDome. 

Stroman vs Tillman

Roof expected to be open tonight. 

Roof is open. Fans are loud already. Life is good. 

1. Devon Travis 2B
2. Josh Donaldson 3B
3. Edwin Encarnacion 1B
4. Jose Bautista RF
5. Russell Martin C
6. Troy Tulowitzki SS
7. Michael Saunders DH
8. Kevin Pillar CF
9. Ezequiel Carrera LF

Ah, Hindsight is 20/20.  Yeah, I would have had Britton face Edwin.  But if Jimenez had induced a double play, and the Orioles scored in the top of an inning, having Britton to shut it down would have been ideal.

I love watching the replay, because you get to see Wieters stand up and walk back to the dugout as soon as it's hit.

47 minutes ago, Pittyman said:

I love watching the replay, because you get to see Wieters stand up and walk back to the dugout as soon as it's hit.

That's exactly what I noticed too when I watched it again. Just pure disgust...

54 minutes ago, Pittyman said:

Ah, Hindsight is 20/20.  Yeah, I would have had Britton face Edwin.  But if Jimenez had induced a double play, and the Orioles scored in the top of an inning, having Britton to shut it down would have been ideal.

This is silly because you should always use your best pitchers out of the pen in the highest leverage situations despite their roles. The MLB is slowly learning, but Buck Showalter is a pasty faced weasel. 

1 hour ago, Pittyman said:

No hindsight.  The most important game of the year and you leave the best closer on the planet sitting on the bench.  No excuse.  I was wondering starting in the 8th when we'd see Britton...then I came to the conclusion that he's either hurt, or Showalter is saving him for a save.  If he was hurt, then understood.  If he was just saving him for a save then being a slave to the save is the most pre-historic thinking a manager can have and I'm glad he's a manager for one of our primary rivals.

^^^

Hire this guy and his friends and line them up down both lines.  Quality fan.