Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

ALCS Toronto Blue Jays vs Cleveland Indians

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Marco Estrada gets the start in game 1.

If he can pitch like he did last game and in the playoffs last year, the Jays are in great shape.

By the sounds of things, It will be Estrada, then Happ, Stroman and Sanchez, with Sanchez moving to the bullpen for Game 6 & 7, if necessary.

Gibby said Sanchez will only start once in the series. Liriano's status is up in the air, Jays expect Travis to be on the ALCS roster.

There's talk of Pompey being added in, with likely either Feldman or Loup being dropped.

Scott Feldman, Danny Barnes and Justin Smoak dropped from Blue Jays ALDS roster.

Francisco Liriano, Ryan Goins and Dalton Pompey added for ALCS.

Down 3-0, time to start taking big home run cuts. 

Oh, nvm. 

Toronto Life GIF'd my brother:

blue-jays-alcs-6.gif 

Live to fight another day. 

This is the most disappointed I have been since the 04 Leafs. Sports hurt.

I'm looking for changes this offseason... And considering the number of FA's we'll have I think we'll see just that.

Offense was just complete ass. 

Definitely need to make some changes to it. 

8 minutes ago, Mac said:

Offense was just complete ass. 

Definitely need to make some changes to it. 

A little more left-handed, a little less home run-or-bust. 

Well, I mean they're still in the top 4 in baseball two years in a row. Maybe a tweak or two instead of a wholesale change, guys. Don't go fuckin' full on dramatic on people now.

I was more disappointed last year. I had brief optimism seeing how they handled the rangers but after the first two games in cleveland I knew it was over. They played with no heart. their tail between their legs the whole time. it will be interesting to see what lies ahead for this team.

GO LEAFS

31 minutes ago, Bret said:

Well, I mean they're still in the top 4 in baseball two years in a row. Maybe a tweak or two instead of a wholesale change, guys. Don't go fuckin' full on dramatic on people now.

True, but too many strike outs, too many double plays. 

Perhaps some variety will make them harder to pitch to. 

Too many times where there is a runner in scoring position with less than 2 outs and the guy doesnt find his way home. Need some guys that are willing hit the ball to the right side when theres a runner on second. Need some more guys that are willing to go all over the diamond rather than just try to hero ball it.

2 hours ago, Bret said:

They have 9 FA's I believe.  You're gonna see changes whether you liked it or not.  This is beyond tweaking.

It was just sad that they refused to adjust their approach.  That was way too easy for Cleveland, just throw soft breaking balls for strikes, and the Jays will still try to crank 3 run homeruns with nobody on base.

Should be an interesting season, I don't see them making a run for Joey Bats or Edwin, but I'm sure both will get a qualifying offer.