Sign in to follow this  
Mac

Toronto Raptors Thread

Cavs - Warriors for the 4th year in a row. 

On 3/10/2018 at 9:06 PM, Ryan said:

The league will never allow it to be anyone but Cleveland and Golden State in the finals.

12 hours ago, Jordan said:

Cavs - Warriors for the 4th year in a row. 

*cough*

LeBron to the Lakers. 

24 minutes ago, Jordan said:

LeBron to the Lakers. 

Holy shit. 

Wow, league is a complete joke now. Demarcus Cousins signs with the warriors. 

Has an achilles injury, so he couldnt get a max contract this year. 

Warriors starting 5 now consists 5 all star talents if Cousins can come back and be the same player he was before the injury.

20 minutes ago, Mac said:

Wow, league is a complete joke now. Demarcus Cousins signs with the warriors. 

Has an achilles injury, so he couldnt get a max contract this year. 

Warriors starting 5 now consists 5 all star talents if Cousins can come back and be the same player he was before the injury.

$5.3M / 1yr.

Joke contract.

Every team should play their D League roster against the Warriors this year.  Let them go 82-0 and see if they can turn it on after a year of essentially nothing but practice.

Raps apparently are the odds on favourite to land Kawhi Leonard.  Rumors are that one is DeRozan or Lowry + would be heading back.  Not sure what the plus is... And there's virtually zero chance that Leonard resigns here so it's basically for one year of him.  If they do this, Masai really is putting all his eggs into the 2018-2019 basket.

22 hours ago, Krylian said:

Raps apparently are the odds on favourite to land Kawhi Leonard.  Rumors are that one is DeRozan or Lowry + would be heading back.  Not sure what the plus is... And there's virtually zero chance that Leonard resigns here so it's basically for one year of him.  If they do this, Masai really is putting all his eggs into the 2018-2019 basket.

This might be their best chance to reach the NBA Finals.  There aren't a lot of other moves out there.  Maybe Kawhi Leonard becomes best friends with Drake and he stays for a long time.

3 hours ago, Pittyman said:

This might be their best chance to reach the NBA Finals.  There aren't a lot of other moves out there.  Maybe Kawhi Leonard becomes best friends with Drake and he stays for a long time.

To add fuel to the fire, DeRozan word his Instagram clean a day or two ago.  Maybe he knows something we don't.

Let's say DeRozan is part of the deal... And Leonard does leave as a FA.  This is an easy way to get a rebuild going, by clearing out DeRozan's longer contact as well.

Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green to Toronto for DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl and a protected 2019 first-round pick

2 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green to Toronto for DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl and a protected 2019 first-round pick

Pick is protected 1-20.  If the Raps don't give up the first then it becomes two 2nds.

Edited by Krylian

Bold move, but I think its a great fucking move. Gives them a lot of options going forward. Getting out of Demars deal is big. 

I love DeMar, but he just isnt going to lead you to an NBA finals. Kawhi is a legit top 5 talent, MVP player.

Only problem I have is how they lied to DeMar. 

4 hours ago, Mac said:

Bold move, but I think its a great fucking move. Gives them a lot of options going forward. Getting out of Demars deal is big. 

I love DeMar, but he just isnt going to lead you to an NBA finals. Kawhi is a legit top 5 talent, MVP player.

Only problem I have is how they lied to DeMar. 

What did they tell DeMar?

3 hours ago, Check Your Sources said:

Dude does not want to be in Toronto. This could get ugly.

If he wants to get paid he'll play here and play well.  He won't resign, that's for sure... But really is they don't get to the finals this year, there's gonna be a rebuild anyway.

18 hours ago, Krylian said:

What did they tell DeMar?

Told him he wouldnt be traded and then traded him a week later.

Thats how the business goes I guess, but it sucks. 

On 18/07/2018 at 8:51 PM, Check Your Sources said:

what's the point of trying to get to the finals if you know you're just going to lose in the finals?

Why bother playing at all then.  Just forfeit the seasons until Golden State gets old.

9 hours ago, Mac said:

Told him he wouldnt be traded and then traded him a week later.

Thats how the business goes I guess, but it sucks. 

Meh.  GMs and coaches are told they're safe all the time and then get canned.  This opportunity probably didn't present itself a week or two ago.

4 hours ago, Krylian said:

Why bother playing at all then.  Just forfeit the seasons until Golden State gets old.

uhh yeah, exactly.

predictability and the SEVERE lack of parity is why I can't get into basketball. it's kind of a joke.