Sign in to follow this  
Mac

Toronto Raptors Thread

22 hours ago, Krylian said:

Siakam says Hi.

He's been pretty weak for his standards since game 1. But yeah, its really the Kawhi and Pascal show.

But now Pascal is hurt and is doubtful for game 4, so theres that. The season has gone to shit and Kawhi is outta here.

Toronto sports:

Never doing it the easy way.

A Toronto sports team is playing for a championship.

24 minutes ago, Ryan said:

A Toronto sports team is playing for a championship.

Real gud pros.

1 minute ago, Check Your Sources said:

People love the Leafs, but the last few years it's become clear that this is a Basketball city. 

It’s a winner city. When Raptors fall back after this run, they’ll be playing in front of 12,000 fans again.  

25 minutes ago, Jordan said:

It’s a winner city. When Raptors fall back after this run, they’ll be playing in front of 12,000 fans again.  

This. 

Three years ago the Jays were selling out the Dome every night. Now it's a morgue in there.

2 hours ago, Check Your Sources said:

People love the Leafs, but the last few years it's become clear that this is a Basketball city. 

Dont think the Raptors have built up the dedicated fan base like the Leafs have, but they're on their way. 

Could definitely see it being similar to the Blue Jays. 

Don't get me wrong, the Leafs are the most popular sports team in Canada I think. But specifically this city, the passion for the Raptors seems to be the most prevalent. At least from what I have witnessed. Even Jays Mania a few years ago wasn't like this.

But I suppose you guys are right, if the Leafs were to make it to the Final this city would go apeshit. 

Defence wins Championships!  Golden State is scary, but I think the Raps are gonna give them all they can handle.

Durant not travelling to Toronto. This is a really good opportunity. Need to protect home court.

5 hours ago, Check Your Sources said:

A lot of people would argue that Durant playing provides a better opportunity for the Raptors haha

But we'll see!

Those people aren't bright.  You don't take a player like Kevin Durant out of a lineup and have that team be better.

One more.

Down basically the entire game, the Raptors pulled ahead by 6 with 3 minutes left and they called a timeout. 

Warriors reset and won 106-105 after Lowry clunked a buzzer beater off the side of the backboard. 

Very questionable timeout and then a questionable lack of a timeout at the end there. 

Onto game 6

Raps clowned around the last 2 minutes and couldn't close.

Shots (reportedly) fired at Nathan Phillips Square during Raptors victory parade.

First, it took roughly 5 hours for the parade to make its way to city hall, then shots fired.

Speeches going on still, but crowd seems understandably exhausted and probably distracted.