Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jordan

2017 Toronto Blue Jays - Who Knows

106 posts in this topic

Pitchers and catchers report to Dunedin on Tuesday.

Joe Biagini will be stretched out during spring training, possible he will be the 6th starter.

Jays sign starting pitcher Mat Latos. 

Gross.

That guy stopped giving a shit after 2014.  He's only 29 and his velocity has gone to shit already.

The only hope is that he had an epiphany over the off-season, got into shape, and is looking to make a big comeback.

If this is a minor league deal with an invite the camp, I like.  If it's a ML deal, I don't think it was a wise move.

Minor league deal for Latos.  $1M if he makes the team + $500K in incentives.

I'm fine with that as I'm not expecting anything from him...and if he does by chance perform a bit this season, that's a very friendly dollar amount.

Red Sox shut down David Price due to elbow soreness. Had an MRI and will now seek a second opinion, which means the first opinion was likely Tommy John. 

This is why 7/200+ was stupid...and that type of deal more often than not blows up in a teams face.

I agree. A long contract isn't too bad if it's a slugger who doesn't have a ton of value beyond that (provided he can live up to that). Once you factor in an arm and how fragile the elbow is any length becomes increasingly questionable.

3 minutes ago, Bret said:

I agree. A long contract isn't too bad if it's a slugger who doesn't have a ton of value beyond that (provided he can live up to that). Once you factor in an arm and how fragile the elbow is any length becomes increasingly questionable.

Especially a guy like Price, who throws a crap-ton of innings every year. 

White Sox release Brett Lawrie. 

We got off that train just in time.

Any word on Devon Travis yet, will he be ready to start the season?

The lineup is a whole lot better if he is in the leadoff spot.

15 hours ago, Pittyman said:

Any word on Devon Travis yet, will he be ready to start the season?

The lineup is a whole lot better if he is in the leadoff spot.

When has he ever really been healthy?

17 hours ago, Krylian said:

When has he ever really been healthy?

So you're saying he is the Joffrey Lupul of the Blue Jays?

1 hour ago, Pittyman said:

So you're saying he is the Joffrey Lupul of the Blue Jays?

Not that bad...but his health sure is frustrating.

Jays pitcher TJ House hit in the head with a line drive. Taken by ambulance to hospital. Game called. 

Josh Donaldson has no time for running minor league bases:

36 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Josh Donaldson has no time for running minor league bases:

Way to set an example for the kids.

Him and Travis were instructed to bat but don't run anything out. So yeah, read in to it however you like, but they're coming back from injuries and these are their limitations put in place by the Poulis right now.

35 minutes ago, Bret said:

Him and Travis were instructed to bat but don't run anything out. So yeah, read in to it however you like, but they're coming back from injuries and these are their limitations put in place by the Poulis right now.

I get that.  And it's kind of understandable.  And I don't think it's a bad message for the kids.  The only thing I would say is that if you're not healthy enough to run, or in this case, jog around the bases, then you shouldn't be playing at all.

The argument is that they are perfectly healthy enough to battle through and do it, and they would in the regular season, but why do it now if it doesn't matter?

14 hours ago, Bret said:

The argument is that they are perfectly healthy enough to battle through and do it, and they would in the regular season, but why do it now if it doesn't matter?

Why should anyone run the bases then?

8 minutes ago, Krylian said:

Isn't this something that has been talked about to increase the speed of the game. Hit a home-run, put the runs on the board, next batter. Same as not bothering with four pointless pitches on an intentional walk. Just give the guy 1st and move along.  

The thing with Intentional Walks is that I've seen them go wrong from time to time.  Wild Pitches, pitch gets too close to the plate and the batter actually gets a hit.

As far as a home run...there's no purpose to it other than giving the fans time to cheer or the player time to soak in his accomplishment.  Imagine Joe Carter's homer without the rounding of the bases...I think it loses a little something.  I get that the result if the same, but I think it adds drama.  But aside from that, there really is no purpose to rounding them on a homer.

49 minutes ago, Krylian said:

Because they're healthy...