Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jordan

2017 Toronto Blue Jays - Who Knows

106 posts in this topic

AA did move a lot of pieces, but not many of them have really turned into anything for the teams that acquired them.
And what I loved about AA was his drafts, he loved drafting pitchers early on, as he knew that if he needed to make a trade, pitching prospects are what everybody is looking for.
I do like what Shapiro has done with the International signings, and drafting Bichette looks like a great move.

It's impossible to know how different the team would be with AA at the helm.  But I think he would have gotten more done at the trade deadline.  It's pointless to have guys here that aren't going to contribute to this team in 2-3 years.  To think that this same group is going to bounce back next season when they are another year older is ridiculous.

Shapiro in Cleveland is a completely different story because that ownership spent next-to-nothing. All he could do was draft & develop and trade veterans for prospects. The fruit of his labour is evident in Cleveland right now, but unless that ownership commits to spending, they will have to start over fairly soon.

Jays expected to re-sign Marco Estrada. 

8 hours ago, Jordan said:

Jays expected to re-sign Marco Estrada. 

I don't have a problem with that...especially with it sounding like it's a one-year extension.

Edited by Krylian

1-year, $13 million. 

Good baseball deal.