Followers 0
Jordan

Leafs sign Swedish D's Rosen & Borgman

14 posts in this topic

Scouting?

1 hour ago, Bret said:

Scouting?

Lidstrom & Salming, respectively. 

Rosen is a solid all around defenseman, with top-4 potential. Has struggled with inconsistancy in the past.

Don't know much about Borgman, but he was the SHL rookie of the year for 2016-17. Also had 10 points in 14 playoff games as HV71 won the SHL Championship.

scouting.png

17 hours ago, Jordan said:

Lidstrom & Salming, respectively. 

Not sure at that but I like what I see management doing. These two guys have good potential and did not cost us any talent. I will hope one of the two makes next years team and if both do fantastic. But lets not forget those guys down on the Marlies. I figure one of them are coming up too. Say good bye to Polak and Maricin.

Polak may not be out of the pic yet. Need RHD and some toughness. Roman provides that. I think Marincin,Marchenko and Hunwick will disappear and Carrick will need a great camp to stay with the team. 

1 hour ago, TMan said:

Polak may not be out of the pic yet. Need RHD and some toughness. Roman provides that. I think Marincin,Marchenko and Hunwick will disappear and Carrick will need a great camp to stay with the team. 

Rosen has played the right side most of his career. FYI he apparently has a cannon for a shot and a great one-timer.

As for Polak, he's already not the most fleet of foot player and with that leg injury it could be very hard for him to stay effective in the NHL. I'd not bring him in here on anything more than an PTO with the Marlies, I don't think he'll be 100% for training camp. I suspect he would look elsewhere for a guarenteed contract.

Babs likes his right side d to be right hand shots. Both these Swedes are LHD. RHD seem to be at a premium these days. Anybody ever hear just how serious Polaks injury was?

As much as Polak has been a good foot soldier, he is obsolete now.

2 hours ago, TMan said:

Obsolete? Don't think so. He'll find work somewhere in the NHL if not the Leafs. He's only 31 I think!

Hopefully obsolete for this team.