Krylian

2017/2018 Maple Leafs Official Thread

You know the drill, folks.

Season starts Wednesday.

go leafs go go go toronto will win the games

Lupul failed his physical with an independent doctor. Move along. 

2 hours ago, Jordan said:

Lupul failed his physical with an independent doctor. Move along. 

The independent doctor lies...and everyone lets him.

6 minutes ago, Krylian said:

The independent doctor lies...and everyone lets him.

It was actually Lou Lameriello in a white coat.

Lupul's gonna have his conjugal visits revoked because he opened his mouth.

Liljegren will also start with Marlies. 

Dermott, Rosen, Liljegren, Nielsen.  That's not bad.

1 hour ago, Krylian said:

Dermott, Rosen, Liljegren, Nielsen.  That's not bad.

Valiev & Holl, as well. Pretty impressive blueline.

Eichel gets 8/$80m from Sabres. So it'll take $11-12m per year to get Matthews done. 

Not bad.

I'll be happy with Nylander and Marner making 7 and Matthews making 11. Those 3 for 25 million would be amazing. 

Eichel and Pastranak extensions are some nice comparables for us. 

13 hours ago, Mac said:

Not bad.

I'll be happy with Nylander and Marner making 7 and Matthews making 11. Those 3 for 25 million would be amazing. 

Eichel and Pastranak extensions are some nice comparables for us. 

Not really.  Mathews is far superior to Eichel.  He's probably closer to McDavid but we'll see after this season.

I also don't think you'll get Nylander for under 8 if he has the type of season I think he might.

Lil' Willy banking on a big season - he won't negotiate a contract extension until after the season.

12 hours ago, Krylian said:

Not really.  Mathews is far superior to Eichel.  He's probably closer to McDavid but we'll see after this season.

I also don't think you'll get Nylander for under 8 if he has the type of season I think he might.

I dont know. Eichel was damn near ppg pace when he came back from injury. I cant see Matthews getting that much more than him.

Plus Pastranak is coming off 70pts in 75 games, dont know if I'd reasonably expect Nylander to do much better than that either. 

Leafs place Martin Marincin on waivers.

Calle Rosen recalled, with Marincin on the way out, regardless of whether he's claimed or not.

Interesting, I wonder if they plan to move people in and out of the "extra D" spot more often.  Can't imagine you want Rosen sitting in the press box long term.

I'm wondering the same about Leivo, maybe wishful thinking, but maybe they plan to move Martin, Fehr, Leivo in and out of the lineup more often.

2 minutes ago, Pittyman said:

Interesting, I wonder if they plan to move people in and out of the "extra D" spot more often.  Can't imagine you want Rosen sitting in the press box long term.

I'm wondering the same about Leivo, maybe wishful thinking, but maybe they plan to move Martin, Fehr, Leivo in and out of the lineup more often.

I think you'll see some Borgman and Rosen swapping for the first little while, but I think by December, Carrick will be the one whose spot in the Top 6 may be at risk. 

I think Leivo is settling into the Corrado role.

Pairings today would suggest Rosen will play and Borgman will sit tomorrow, with Moore swapping in for Fehr. We'll see.

5 hours ago, Jordan said:

I think Leivo is settling into the Corrado role.

Pairings today would suggest Rosen will play and Borgman will sit tomorrow, with Moore swapping in for Fehr. We'll see.

I think The Cock said as much.  Played Fehr cause he's a Manitoba boy and will go with Moore cause he played in NY.  Doesn't want Rosen to sit and said there wasn't much to choose between the Swedes in camp and he wants to be fair to the players and give them all an opportunity to get into the lineup.  I'm hoping Leivo will get into a game or two based on that philosophy.

Honestly, I just don't see anywhere for Josh Leivo on this team moving forward. Even if JVR leaves the team, that spot should belong to Kapanen. Whatever the majority thinks of having Hyman on Matthews' wing, I don't mind it myself, Babcock won't give him that position. Komorov will likely be replaced with Grundstrom. Leivo can't be effective as a fourth line player, in my opinion, he needs to be at least top nine. I just don't see where you can fit him moving forward. I hope he gets dealt relatively soon before he has absolutely no value.

On 10/6/2017 at 8:56 PM, eMc said:

Honestly, I just don't see anywhere for Josh Leivo on this team moving forward. Even if JVR leaves the team, that spot should belong to Kapanen. Whatever the majority thinks of having Hyman on Matthews' wing, I don't mind it myself, Babcock won't give him that position. Komorov will likely be replaced with Grundstrom. Leivo can't be effective as a fourth line player, in my opinion, he needs to be at least top nine. I just don't see where you can fit him moving forward. I hope he gets dealt relatively soon before he has absolutely no value.

The dream is that they sit Martin and have a 4th line that can drive play and score goals with Leivo-Moore-Brown.  But I'm just not sure that Babcock will do that.  If they keep winning, I agree, Leivo is just going to sit.