Bret

2018 Toronto Maple Leafs Offseason Thread

Mark Hunter is officially out.  He and the Leafs "Mutually agreed to part ways" according to Shanahan.

I'm interested to see who Dubas brings in as assistants.  I've heard possibly Brandon Pridham might get elevated, and maybe Ron Francis gets brought in.

Hunter not allowed to work for another NHL team until the draft is over and the July 1st FA period settles down.

As much as I really like Hunter, better he leave now as his heart would not have been in it. Wish him well and move on. If he would have been picked instead, Dubas and Lou would have left.

We were never going to have all three long term. So it Dubas time, looking forward to it......

Laurence Gilman & Brandon Pridham named assistant GM’s. 

Pridham is the Leafs cap guru.

Gilman has worked as AGM for the Coyotes and Canucks. Was working with the NHL head office and helped develop the Vegas expansion rules.

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Pridham is the Leafs cap guru.

Gilman has worked as AGM for the Coyotes and Canucks. Was working with the NHL head office and helped develop the Vegas expansion rules.

Pridham I understand, but can someone please explain how Gilman improves the management team? Use small words...

No.  Because as an AGM the work they do isn't really in the spotlight that much so it's hard to determine what they're good at.

He helped put together the expansion rules for Vegas. Which are the same rules that will be used when Seattle joins the league.

His knowledge of the expansion procedure may have been a factor in my opinion.

He ran the canucks and the coyote farm teams. Experienced in contract negotiations. They are gearing up for signing Matthews, Marner, and Nylander.

He also worked for Vegas on the draft after creating the rules it sounds like. Getting ready for next expansion. Sounds like solid forward looking hire.

By all accounts, Gilman is blunt in his assessments and isn't afraid to share his views, so he's not a 'yes' man.

Kasimir Kaskisuo re-signed to 2-year, 2-way deal. 

Leafs acquire conditional 7th round pick from Edmonton in exchange for rights to Nolan Vesey. 

TSN Bobby Mac: Belief is Leafs have “creative” proposals for John Tavares, if he makes it to free agency. 

5 hours ago, Jordan said:

TSN Bobby Mac: Belief is Leafs have “creative” proposals for John Tavares, if he makes it to free agency. 

Hopefully it's received better than the Stamkos camp received his.

Here's your $8M/yr...plus Scotiabank will give you $2M/yr in an endorsement deal.  Air Canada will give you $2.5M/yr for an endorsement deal.   Canadian Tire will give you $2M/yr. for an endorsement deal.  Please sign right here.