Jordan

Kyle Dubas promoted to General Manager

Worst kept secret around? It's official.

What I like about this is that they didn't fuck it up. Very non-Leaf like. I'm getting used to competence. 

I think (hope) all the Hunter talk was media bs. I don't think he wanted the job or, at least, he knew it probably wasn't going to be his anyway. I doubt Hunter is going anywhere with his ties to S Ontario (hopefully).

Finally.  Although we all knew it was going to happen, I was starting to get a little nervous that it had taken so long.  I'm interested to see what moves he makes this summer.
Also, so long Polak!

This decision was made a long time ago, when Colorado expressed interest in grabbing him.

Glad we're going with the moneyball kid on this one.

7 hours ago, shovhd said:

I think (hope) all the Hunter talk was media bs. I don't think he wanted the job or, at least, he knew it probably wasn't going to be his anyway. I doubt Hunter is going anywhere with his ties to S Ontario (hopefully).

Shanny said in the presser that Mark wanted the job. 

I could see Hunter leaving the Leafs and going back to his job in London.

Hopefully they both stay. 

7 hours ago, shovhd said:

He absolutely wanted the GM position, he interviewed for it. That said everyone has known that Dubas was the heir apparent for the GM role, if he really did want a GM position he would probably have left before now, or he will leave sometime soon. I agree that his Southern Ontario ties probably play a big factor in him staying here even if he is not the GM.

I believe Hunter has one more year on his contact.  I'm hoping he at least sticks around to finish that out.

I love this move. I love Hunter and all his knowledge and am truly hopeful that Dubas can convince him to buy in on his management team but I think Dubas is the right man for the job.

I love his work with the Marlies who are possibly going for the Calder this year. Dubas know hockey and has a fresh new approach. Looking forward to seeing him do his stuff.

Mirtle suggests Ron Francis could be an option for filling any vacancies in front office. 

“They’re close” - referring to relationship between Dubas and Ronnie Franchise. 

Sounds like a good move to me. A respectable young group Francis put together in Carolina.

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Sounds like a good move to me. A respectable young group Francis put together in Carolina.

None of that matters. Haven't you heard? Strategy is useless. It's all about culture now. 

1 hour ago, Bret said:

None of that matters. Haven't you heard? Strategy is useless. It's all about culture now. 

That's racist