hydremia

Leafs/Sens/Habs Rookie Showdown

Yo boys! 

This "rookie showdown" seems to be the first things heating up this month in the world of Leafs hockey. Everyone knows they've done this previously, and it is a nice chance to try to see some of the prospects before full blown camp starts. It'll be our first chance to see picks like Sandin and SDA with any of the group, and get our next look at guys like Liljegren, Grundstrom, Bracco, Brooks, and Co. 

I am in hockey withdrawal pretty bad, so I will probably try to find a stream to watch the games when they're on.  :)

The schedule is down below, and here is a link to the SN article listing the rosters for each of the three teams. It looks like the breakdown by position for the Leafs players is: 17 F, 11 D, 2 G. So I would expect there to be some shuffling of rosters between the games on 9/7 and 9/8, with a handful of forwards and d-men to play in both games. 

SCHEDULE:

September 7, 2018, 7:30 p.m. ET - Game No.1 Montreal Canadiens vs. Ottawa Senators
September 8, 2018, 3 p.m. ET - Game No. 2 Ottawa Senators vs. Toronto Maple Leafs
September 9, 2018, 3 p.m. ET - Game No. 3 Montreal Canadiens vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

Dl2q_6VW0AAjo85.jpg

Leafs lose 6-5 in OT to open rookie tourney. 

Goals by Der-Arguchintsev, Plouffe, Piccinich, Grundstrom & Brooks. 

They went up 5-4 with 28 seconds left and coughed up the equalizer. Hopefully a lesson that sticks....

I say we cancel the season. Buy out Tavares, trade Matthews for a number one (ECHL) goalie, and fire Babcock. 

Today's rookie game against Montreal is being streamed on RDS.