Krylian

2018/2019 Maple Leafs Official Thread

Andersen is a game-day decision tomorrow. 

Hutchinson will start vs Vancouver. 

Lots of talk out there that asking price for rentals is lower than in recent years because more teams than usual are willing to admit they won’t make playoffs. 

Chiefly, Carolina is apparently willing to move Dougie Hamilton. 

Coli and a 1st.

I wouldn’t call Hamilton a rental, but he’s definitely worth a look. Lots of museums in TO.

Carolina will want someone who can fit into their top 6. Such as Kapanen or Johnsson.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Carolina will want someone who can fit into their top 6. Such as Kapanen or Johnsson.

I'm guessing they'd want considerably more than that.  Probably Kapanen, Grundstrom, and a 2nd?

Hamilton wearing out his welcome on his 3rd team has to be some sort of red flag though doesn't it?

Is that what it is, though? Has he worn out his welcome or is he just a valuable guy on a good contract they can sell high on because they're not in the playoffs? 

3 minutes ago, Bret said:

Is that what it is, though? Has he worn out his welcome or is he just a valuable guy on a good contract they can sell high on because they're not in the playoffs? 

Don't know.  But they paid a decent price for him.  You'd think a team normally wouldn't want to give up on an acquisition like that after 1/2 a season.

Yeah, good point. 

Their new owner seems wildly impulsive. 

Those are the best kind to do deals with

Hutchinson starts tomorrow vs NJ, Andersen planning to start Saturday vs Boston. 

Babcock then tells the media Freddy not starting til Monday?? I'm wondering if he doesn't want Freddy to lose another game to Boston in his return?? Bruins may already be in Freddys head. I myself would sooner see Freddy against the B's. Hate those cork soakers.

No Rielly in the ASG. Skinner in as last man. I guess there aren't many Leaf fans out there.

Edited by shovhd

18 minutes ago, shovhd said:

No Rielly in the ASG. Skinner in as last man. I guess there aren't many Leaf fans out there.

Lots of Leafs haters.

I"d keep Hutch between the pipes, he is passing the eye test for me. Let steady Freddy get some training sessions in then put him back in.

There's no reason for concern from me whether or not Freddie plays against Boston tonight. Our main goal is to get him down under 60 GP before the playoffs. 

4 hours ago, chesterblue said:

I"d keep Hutch between the pipes, he is passing the eye test for me. Let steady Freddy get some training sessions in then put him back in.

He's been practicing for some time now.

Freddie has the flu.  Doubtful for tonight.

Edited by Krylian