Krylian

2018/2019 Maple Leafs Official Thread

1 hour ago, Bret said:

Meh, agents are supposed to fight for their clients. 

Matthews' agent didn't negotiate publicly.  Even Nylander's agent didn't come out publicly.  This is a little different.

What is the percentage that Mitch Marner is NOT in Toronto Maple Leafs uniform in opening night of the 2019-2020 season?  That can mean either he's traded, he signs elsewhere (and the Leafs accept the compensation), or he's just holding out (like Nylander did).

7 minutes ago, Krylian said:

What is the percentage that Mitch Marner is NOT in Toronto Maple Leafs uniform in opening night of the 2019-2020 season?  That can mean either he's traded, he signs elsewhere (and the Leafs accept the compensation), or he's just holding out (like Nylander did).

27%

8 hours ago, Krylian said:

Matthews' agent didn't negotiate publicly.  Even Nylander's agent didn't come out publicly.  This is a little different.

Different tact for different guys. He's probably just insufferable as a person and it transfers over to his work life. It seems like a stupid thing to do to me, but maybe he thinks it's a long term benefit to his negotiation for some reason. 

1 minute ago, Bret said:

Different tact for different guys. He's probably just insufferable as a person and it transfers over to his work life. It seems like a stupid thing to do to me, but maybe he thinks it's a long term benefit to his negotiation for some reason. 

It doesn't help his client.

The agent is supposed to represent the client.  Marner is probably completely hands off, but this is not gonna paint him in the most positive light.

It's going to be interesting.... Nylander's agent had radio silence and Marner's agent is doing the opposite. 95% of Leaf nation rallied against Nylander, and his agent wasn't antagonizing or vocal. I don't think we're going to see the same rally against Marner though, because Mitch is Canadian and grew up a Leaf fan. That settles a lot of nerves for people that happen to be both Leaf fans and Ford supporters.

Edited by gibby

Marner's agent backpeddling. Says quote was taken out of context and was from last summer. Says they're close.

13 minutes ago, shovhd said:

Marner's agent backpeddling. Says quote was taken out of context and was from last summer. Says they're close.

Hilarious.  I'm betting Marner had a "WTF Dude" moment with his agent.

Apparently Marner's father is even more of headache to deal with than Michael Nylander.

Ok hold on, if the comments were from the summer, how did Ferris know what Nylander & Matthews signed for?

EDIT: Ferris has backpeddaled even more, now admits the quotes were in fact made yesterday. 

Oh boy.

So how long until Marner switches to Pat Brisson or Bobby Orr?

49 minutes ago, Alex Giniw said:

I'm starting to think Mitch Marner is our best player overall. 

So is his agent.

Keep in mind Matthews has more 5 on 5 goals since October 2016 than any player in the league. Even with a couple of injuries.

Marner is definitely the flashier player.

I have read somewhere that Dubas said he'd not trade Nylander THIS season. I doubt a trade for Nylander is going to happen. 

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Marner is definitely the flashier player.

It's weird how the Marner > Matthews hot take has gained so much traction. I don't see ANY evidence to back it up. 

Marner may be the more entertaining player, but he's not better. 

Leafs in on Glendening again.

... Still apparently scouting Carolina as well.  Although I'm not sure what they have that they'd want to part with to land one of their RD.

Edited by Krylian

Unless it's Ferland..

55 minutes ago, chesterblue said:

Unless it's Ferland..

I'm not sure we have what it would take.

Please fuckin God no Glendenning. 1.8 for 2 more year. No. 

15 minutes ago, Bret said:

Please fuckin God no Glendenning. 1.8 for 2 more year. No. 

Salary retention?

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Salary retention?

If they retain both the salary and the player.