Krylian

2018/2019 Maple Leafs Official Thread

If practice is any indication, Petan will dress at centre tomorrow in Vancouver, with Goat sitting out.

Bruins win again...In OT...again.

Points in 17 straight. 15-0-2.

Don't worry. All that winning will get them the added benefit of playing the third beat team in the east. 

Andreas Borgman signs 1-year, $700,000 extension. Two-way deal.

Bruins score 2 in the last minute. 

Win 4-3 over Florida....

11 hours ago, Ryan said:

Bruins score 2 in the last minute. 

Win 4-3 over Florida....

Good.

Leafs should take notes (but won't) on killer instinct this time of year.

There has to be a correction coming for the Bruins....right? The one-goal victories should dry up at some point.

Though still worth pointing out, the Leafs and Bruins have the same number of wins in the same number of games, but the Bruins are better at getting to overtime. 

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

There has to be a correction coming for the Bruins....right? The one-goal victories should dry up at some point.

Though still worth pointing out, the Leafs and Bruins have the same number of wins in the same number of games, but the Bruins are better at getting to overtime. 

Making it hard for a team to beat you in 60 is a good team skill.

Kadri expected to play tomorrow in Edmonton. 

The Leafs are apparently back in the "free wallet" business, they will sign NCAA defenceman Joseph Duszak from Merryhurst.

They are also in the running for Taro Hirose from Michigan State, considered the top NCAA free agent this year.

Babs is gonna love the 5'10" Duszak.

2 hours ago, Krylian said:

Babs is gonna love the 5'10" Duszak.

RHD.

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

RHD.

So Connor Carrick

Edited by Krylian

Duszak and Tavares will have a lot to talk about.

D1fE2v_XcAIFvjK.png:large

Edited by Krylian

Taro Hirose signs with the Red Wings.

Duszak signs ATO, will join Marlies and sign 2-year ELC after the season.

Kapanen expected to play tomorrow. 

I'm going to say this now - this is the summer to trade Nazem Kadri. As long as Tavares and Matthews are around I don't see him being as high a scorer. Also he is reaching the end of his aging curve. We could get a real decent asset for him to keep the prospect pipeline working. 

I put Nylander at 3rd line centre instead. 

9 minutes ago, Alex Giniw said:

I'm going to say this now - this is the summer to trade Nazem Kadri. As long as Tavares and Matthews are around I don't see him being as high a scorer. Also he is reaching the end of his aging curve. We could get a real decent asset for him to keep the prospect pipeline working. 

You'd basically be sentencing Nylander to the same non-scoring pergatory that Kadri is currently in.  Not a good use of a $7M asset...and Nylander isn't really a shut down player so you can't even leverage that part of his game like you can with Kadri.

Kadri's contract is so good that he's still a net plus player even if he degrades a bit. You need those contracts to fill out a team that's going to be loaded with guys making 7 mil plus. 

I don't think you can realistically win a Kadri trade at this point. 

I would think about. You definitely dont want to be the team to give him his next contract, so he should eventually be traded. 

I'd rather keep Matthews and Nylander together. But we dont have anyone else to play 3C, so I guess he'd have to make the move. 

I think Kadri gets moved either this offseason and or the one after that for a top 4 RHD, not a prospect. 

On 2019-03-20 at 8:23 AM, Krylian said:

Sounds like the Leafs will be signing Petan to a 2-year extension.

$775k per year. 

On 3/18/2019 at 2:53 PM, Alex Giniw said:

Who is coming back in this trade? Kadri only makes $4.5 M per season, so he's on an absolute sweetheart of a contract. Not sure it makes sense to get rid of that for what comes back.

Also. Let's not forget that Kadri had back to back 30 goal seasons. If he was given better wingers than Connor Brown and Patrick Marleau, he might be able to score more.