Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

2019 Toronto Vladdy Jays

Turns out the Jays send Sanchez, Biagini and high-A outfielder Cal Stevenson to Houston solely for Derek Fisher.

Which seems like highway robbery on the Astros part.

I've basically just been shrugging my shoulders for the past year or two.  They're killing my team but I value my health more than raging over this.  Good shot at a top 3 pick next year.  Aside from that I'm just following the farm teams.  Shatkins will eventually be gone.  Mighty be in 1 year, might be 20, but they won't outlive the Blue Jays... And then things can be fixed.

It's nice to see he hitters come around.  Bichette has been awesome, Guerrero Jr is doing great, Biggio has been up and down.

If this team had some pitching next season, they might actually be fun to watch.
I'll never understand why they felt they had to deal Stroman and Sanchez now.

1 hour ago, Pittyman said:

It's nice to see he hitters come around.  Bichette has been awesome, Guerrero Jr is doing great, Biggio has been up and down.

If this team had some pitching next season, they might actually be fun to watch.
I'll never understand why they felt they had to deal Stroman and Sanchez now.

Because Stroman's value will never be higher...his asking price is too high for what he is (#3 on a good team)...and they were tired of his act (as were many fans).

Sanchez has been a POS for three seasons now.  At some point change for the sake of change might be the best option for everyone involved.  They traded an underperforming asset for Houston's underperforming asset.  People seem to forget that Fisher was a Top 100 prospect in baseball 2 seasons ago.  The talent is there and we've already seen flashes of the power and speed.  Worth the gamble as I was done with Sanchez already.  Others find it harder to let go.

They wanted Stroman gone. The ego, the clubhouse temper tantrums, the entire Stroman experience. If all he did was shut his mouth and pitch, I think they would've looked closer at extending him.

And I suspect Stroman will be looking for ace money, even though he isn't one.

As for Sanchez, whatever, he has been utter garbage for three seasons. Change of scenery needed.

I see what you're saying.  They obviously didn't like Stroman in the room for some reason.  And hopefully the guys they got back for him will be decent.

I liked Sanchez, yeah the past couple seasons sucked, but it was mostly due to injury.  His stuff was always good, and there were enough flashes for me to say if he can get through this season healthy, then he could seriously bounce back next year.

I guess they hope Derek Fisher will be more than he has been.  But at his best, he seems to be a 4th outfielder.  He's Hernandez, McKinney, Grichuk and Drury all over again, do we need another one of those guys?

I think Fisher has a higher upside, but yes, he's certainly not a sure thing.... But I like his tools better than the others.  Sanchez is going on 28 and although the stuff is very good, historically, his control has been awful.  There's enough sample size to show that his control won't improve.  And if he's a reliever, they are easily replaceable.

I'm not really on board with any of the Fisher hype but I hope he pans out for the Jays. 

It's hard not to be frustrated in the Jays getting very little for Stroman at the peak of his talent. Kind of reminds me of the Kessel trade a little except Phil is the fuckin man and Stro...not so much. 

Like Pitty said though- these young kids are fun to watch. 

5 minutes ago, jared said:

I'm not really on board with any of the Fisher hype but I hope he pans out for the Jays. 

It's hard not to be frustrated in the Jays getting very little for Stroman at the peak of his talent. Kind of reminds me of the Kessel trade a little except Phil is the fuckin man and Stro...not so much. 

Like Pitty said though- these young kids are fun to watch. 

I'm not a big fan of Anthony Kay, but Simeon Woods-Richardson is going to be the jewel of the Stroman deal.

Former first rounder, and Jays prospect, TJ Zeuch just threw a no hitter for the Buffalo Bisons, the Jays AAA affiliate.

Edited by Krylian