Jordan

Game 2: Maple Leafs @ Bruins - 13 April | CBC | FAN 590

I'm not saying any of that is wrong... But we all know that when the playoffs roll around all bets are off.  What happened in the regular season is irrelevant.  The NHL reverts back to even up penalties is no penalties at all.  That's just reality... Whether we like it or not.

They can either play like they hope that will change, or accept how it is and play a more desperate, aggressive game and get Boston on their heels for a change.

Kadri is done for the rest of the series since its an inperson. 

"

What is the difference between a telephone hearing and an in-person hearing?

If the Department of Player Safety determines that any Supplemental Discipline from an infraction will result in five games or less or a fine of more than $5,000, the hearing is conducted by phone.

If the infraction might require a suspension of six games or more, the offending Player is offered the opportunity to an in-person hearing. In this case, the Player remains suspended until the hearing takes place. If the Player waives his right to an in-person hearing, the hearing will be conducted by phone."

He's a fucking idiot

It says might, so maybe the league will eat a few games based on refs losing control of the game.

But I doubt it, and expect Kadri is done for the season.

5 hours ago, Ryan said:

It says might, so maybe the league will eat a few games based on refs losing control of the game.

But I doubt it, and expect Kadri is done for the season.

My mistake. I thought it was a minimum of 6 games.

I love the energy Kadri has, but he has to be able to stop himself from crossing the line. Getting suspended in the playoffs twice in a row is infuriating to me. 

Edited by Mac

Kadri will be done for the series, might as well turn the page on that one.

The Leafs absolutely have to avoid turning this into a crash and bang series. They'll be out in 5.

Two games at home to set the tone and make it a track meet.

Two questions, maybe one on you is smart enough to answer.

How do you handle a player like Kadri?

Talented and full of promise except he carries a ticking time bomb in his hockey pants.

What do the line ups look like going forward?

I still think the Leafs can pull a series win out of this but they have to play smart and play tough and not count on the refs for anything.

Edited by Mats
error

They don't really have much choice but to keep Kadri. They won't get his production at a similar cap hit anywhere else. Kadri isn't going anywhere.

Maybe get 1 or 2 more players who can play with an edge, but they have to be able to play with skill and drive posession as well. They can't just be face punchers who play 5 sheltered minutes a game.

Likely Nylander moves to centre the 3rd line, Brown up to Nylander's wing. Ennis draws into Brown's spot on the 4th line.

Losing Kadri is not nearly as devastating a loss as it was last year. Last year after Kadri was suspended Plekanec had to move to the 2nd line.

I would love to see Innis get a shot and thinking he could rise to the occasion.

I was thinking the same thing on Kadri...tough to find someone at his calibere at that money today, However perhaps moving him saves us cap dollars to sign Marner which is a must in my book.

Kadri will be back for game 2 or 3 of the next series if they can make it there.

The thing I really hope Babs doesn't do is put both Marleau and Brown on the same line. It hasn't worked all year. It's not going to now.

I'd go

Moore - Nylander - Brown

Marleau - Goat - Ennis 

17 hours ago, Ryan said:

They don't really have much choice but to keep Kadri. They won't get his production at a similar cap hit anywhere else. Kadri isn't going anywhere.

Maybe get 1 or 2 more players who can play with an edge, but they have to be able to play with skill and drive posession as well. They can't just be face punchers who play 5 sheltered minutes a game.

Likely Nylander moves to centre the 3rd line, Brown up to Nylander's wing. Ennis draws into Brown's spot on the 4th line.

Losing Kadri is not nearly as devastating a loss as it was last year. Last year after Kadri was suspended Plekanec had to move to the 2nd line.

I agree with what you're saying here. Kadri is playing the way he is because the Leafs literally have nobody else to play like that. He can play with an edge, but he's hardly an enforcer. He's simply not big enough. I'm not saying the Leafs should make a move for a guy like Reeves or Martin either... but there are guys that have a proper balance of skill and sandpaper that won't be liabilities on the ice. 

38 minutes ago, gibby said:

I agree with what you're saying here. Kadri is playing the way he is because the Leafs literally have nobody else to play like that. He can play with an edge, but he's hardly an enforcer. He's simply not big enough. I'm not saying the Leafs should make a move for a guy like Reeves or Martin either... but there are guys that have a proper balance of skill and sandpaper that won't be liabilities on the ice. 

Matt Martin showed he can't be that kind of player. His line for NYI is so good because Cizikas and Clutterbuck are perfect examples of guys are are that time of high energy, high intensity type of player.

Something I just thought now....

If Kadri had dropped his gloves and punched DeBrusk in the head a few times instead of using his stick, woudl we all feel better about it? Would the response from the NHL be different?

I don't see how those two things are really that different. In an age where concussions are injury topic number one I don't see how you can say one is a hockey play and the other is not. It's either all one thing, or all the other.

35 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Something I just thought now....

If Kadri had dropped his gloves and punched DeBrusk in the head a few times instead of using his stick, woudl we all feel better about it? Would the response from the NHL be different?

I don't see how those two things are really that different. In an age where concussions are injury topic number one I don't see how you can say one is a hockey play and the other is not. It's either all one thing, or all the other.

Ssssszhhhhh don't point out the hypocrisy of hockey culture.