Jordan

Game 3: Bruins @ Maple Leafs - 15 April | CBC | TSN 1050

sfe2bn.jpg

Krug & DeBrusk both in for Boston. 

47 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Krug & DeBrusk both in for Boston. 

No surprise there. DeBrusk played opossum a bit on that "hit"

Kadri was a tool to have taken the hit the way he did but I personally think he sold it a bit just like Kadri sold the knee on knee.

BTW, I love the way DeBrusk plays and would have him on my team any day.

26 minutes ago, Mats said:

No surprise there. DeBrusk played opossum a bit on that "hit"

Kadri was a tool to have taken the hit the way he did but I personally think he sold it a bit just like Kadri sold the knee on knee.

BTW, I love the way DeBrusk plays and would have him on my team any day.

I would still take Connor, Barzal, or Chabot ahead of him... far ahead of him, and I'm glad the Bruins whiffed on picking either of those guys.

Referee's tonight:

Kyle Rehman, Red Deer AB, 6 career playoff games.

Chris Rooney, Boston MA, 96 career playoff games.

21 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Referee's tonight:

Kyle Rehman, Red Deer AB, 6 career playoff games.

Chris Rooney, Boston MA, 96 career playoff games.

Apparently Bruins fans are pissed because they feel Rooney is too hard on the Bruins due to the Boston connection. 

18 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Apparently Bruins fans are pissed because they feel Rooney is too hard on the Bruins due to the Boston connection. 

Bruins are 10-5 under Rooney since 2016, Leafs 10-4.

Kadri announcement expected prior to game time. 

This will the biggest game of Matthews career so far.

He has to be a major factor in the game.

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Until Wednesday.

Getting bounced in 3 straight 1st rounds  with minimal production in the last 2 series is a bad look for the poster child of this supposed powerhouse offensive team.

Kadri gets remainder of the series. 

4 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Kadri gets remainder of the series. 

Not surprising.

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

So 3 games?

:lol:

Bruins are good at starting $hit, and getting teams to retaliate.

I get why Kadri acted the way he did, but Christ on a f-ing cross - drop the gloves, and take a 5 min, and possible ejection instead of a suspension.

Kadri got treated mercifully with the remainder of the first round ruling. I really hope the Leafs win this series and Naz can atone for his mistakes in later rounds.

Just now, F.Michael said:

I get why Kadri acted the way he did, but Christ on a f-ing cross - drop the gloves, and take a 5 min, and possible ejection instead of a suspension.

Well, when you're talking about player safety how is that really any different? More likely to get a concussion from a fist to the temple than a stick to the jaw.

Just now, Ryan said:

Well, when you're talking about player safety how is that really any different? More likely to get a concussion from a fist to the temple than a stick to the jaw.

Yes and no. Depends on the person and the force and angles involved. So many variables. Concussions are not simple science.

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

2 hours ago, Krylian said:

Until Wednesday.

Getting bounced in 3 straight 1st rounds  with minimal production in the last 2 series is a bad look for the poster child of this supposed powerhouse offensive team.

I for one have been critical of the Leafs this season...When Shanny made his comment last summer, and the response/attitude of Matthews/Marner/Nylander really pi$$ed me off...Now 2 outta those 3 have their contracts (cannot imagine what Marner will command this summer), and yet they have been damn near invisible.

Just now, Alex Giniw said:

Yes and no. Depends on the person and the force and angles involved. So many variables. Concussions are not simple science.

Regardless, my point is that if one is a suspension the other should be too. I hate this "Hockey play" bullshit.

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Getting hit in the unprotected  jaw causes a chain reaction which causes the brain to slosh around inside your skull...Helmets protect the temple, and probably see Kadri cutting his knuckles, or potentially  breaking his hand.

My point being that Kadri is unlikely to get suspended had he dropped the mitts.

5 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Regardless, my point is that if one is a suspension the other should be too. I hate this "Hockey play" bullshit.

We all know that the NHL tolerates fisticuffs...Better that than a cross check to the head/neck.

Just now, F.Michael said:

We all know that the NHL tolerates fisticuffs...Better that than a cross check to the head/neck.

It's not though.

Am I the only one who hates the concept of "playoff hockey" now? I mean shouldn't the game stay the same regardless of the time of year? It just seems that it boils down to who can kill the other team physically while bending the rules to perfection ( as in, cheating be definition of the rulebook but not getting called in the playoffs cause playoffs......?) Whereas the regular season is about skill. It's just weird to me that hockey has two different variations of the games style playoffs vs non playoffs