Jordan

Game 6: Bruins @ Maple Leafs - 21 April | CBC | 680 NEWS

1 hour ago, Mac said:

Hiller is just brutal too. Its not like our PP just went to shit in this series. Its been fucking garbage for a little while now and he's done shit all to try and fix it. 

That's not a fair statement.  We don't know what he's done.  He might be working his ass off but his adjustments just isn't working.  That doesn't mean he shouldn't be canned, but saying he hasn't done shit is disingenuous.

36 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Marleau played 17 minutes. 

But he's a gud pro and a better man,

Just now, Krylian said:

That's not a fair statement.  We don't know what he's done.  He might be working his ass off but his adjustments just isn't working.  That doesn't mean he shouldn't be canned, but saying he hasn't done shit is disingenuous.

Looks to me that they havent changed shit.

Send the puck to Marner, once he realizes he cant make a pass, send it to rielly who will either send it to matthews (who will also send it back to rielly) or he'll go right back to marner. The PP is predictable and they've been running the same shit all season. Doesnt look like they've made any adjustments. 

16 minutes ago, Krylian said:

But he's a gud pro and a better man,

If/when we lose on Tuesday, that better be Patty's last game as a Leaf. 

Our PP was better with Bozak. Unbelievable. 

Wow, Babs better be careful.., the quality of coaching here is unreal.

if we lose we lose. I think they have played good enough to win.

Matthews scored 2 goals from the circle on his off wing all season. He's scored 3 in this series, I think all even strength. 

If you couldn't make that adjustment on the PP during the year, I don't have a ton of faith it happens now. 

1 hour ago, Krylian said:

Apparently not.

He had a career year and people thought that's what he was.  He wasn't.

I agree.

People saw a problem that had to be fixed, and made a poor decision trying to fix it. I don't want to make that mistake again. 

Don't really have the cap room for moves like that anyway. I can't see them adding too much in the off season, outside of shuffling chairs on the 4th line.

4 hours ago, Krylian said:

You're not.  That's the point.  Toughness, grit, and dirty play is what the playoff have always been about.

So when some of us say, the team needs more toughness... That's why.

And no one sees why this is dumb?

31 minutes ago, LeafsFanSmith said:

It's like they're playing 2 different sports from the regular season to the playoffs. It's fucked up. 

32 minutes ago, LeafsFanSmith said:

It is.  But then you have to decide, are you going to stick to your belief that playoff hockey will eventually evolve to the game that you want to play (speed and skill) or do you adjust your lineup to give you a better shot at competing in the current style of playoff play.

6 minutes ago, Bret said:

It's like they're playing 2 different sports from the regular season to the playoffs. It's fucked up. 

Thank you. People are just cool with it like " oh that's hockey, in the playoffs it's about toughness and grit."  that's just so weird. 

We won't have to worry about penalties after Tuesday. 

9 hours ago, Dylan said:

If/when we lose on Tuesday, that better be Patty's last game as a Leaf. 

Our PP was better with Bozak. Unbelievable. 

Bozak is/was a solid player, at the moment, I'd have him of Kadri.

1 hour ago, chesterblue said:

Bozak is/was a solid player, at the moment, I'd have him of Kadri.

Well... Since Kadri isn't playing, ya, bozo is an upgrade.  If they're both available, Kadri 100 times out of 100.  And realistically, Tavares replaced Bozak on the roster, so ya... We're better off the way we are now.

At the beginning of this series, lots of people were predicting Bruins in four or five.

Game seven is ok in my book and if they cannot come up with a win then the better team won.

Time to see if they can take the next step.

I am loving the Muzzin deal through the playoffs.

Edited by Mats

10 hours ago, LeafsFanSmith said:

Thank you. People are just cool with it like " oh that's hockey, in the playoffs it's about toughness and grit."  that's just so weird. 

The playoffs can be tougher and grittier without the head hits, interference, and slashing. Unfortunately the NHL doesn't see it that way. 

2 hours ago, Mats said:

At the beginning of this series, lots of people were predicting Bruins in four or five.

Game seven is ok in my book and if they cannot come up with a win then the better team won.

Time to see if they can take the next step.

I am loving the Muzzin deal through the playoffs.

My thoughts too. When u look at the team down the stretch and the team that showed up for the playoffs, it was like night n day. I think this team has learned a lot about what it takes. We’ll see Tuesday if it’s enough. 

1 hour ago, Bret said:

The playoffs can be tougher and grittier without the head hits, interference, and slashing. Unfortunately the NHL doesn't see it that way. 

I don't disagree with that.  So do you stick to your principles or do you adopt a more mean spirited angle...and maybe you don't even need much new personnel...maybe you just need to tell your guys to play a little closer to the line.  Not sure if that helps or hinders....but if you're in a fencing tournament and everyone else whips out a light saber, and they aren't penalized for it, and you still gonna use that flimsy epee?

We haven't got a the skill set to play gritty (asides Kadri) we have to rely on our speed and skill. 

43 minutes ago, chesterblue said:

We haven't got a the skill set to play gritty (asides Kadri) we have to rely on our speed and skill. 

Then the question is do you add the grit.

Where does it go in the line up? D man? 4th line banger? Also finding that unicorn of a gritter that can play and check (Kadri) Simmonds, Reaves and matey in Edmonton are the goto names. Personally I don't think we should add the grit, Goat should lay the body on more, he is a big guy, but then I'd rather have the players back checking than players banging in the corners when the puck is 50 feet away in the wrong direction. 

56 minutes ago, Krylian said:

Then the question is do you add the grit.

Someone who can play like Hyman but also score 30 would be a dream on that top line.

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Someone who can play like Hyman but also score 30 would be a dream on that top line.

You'd need to move out a big piece to make room for that

6 minutes ago, Krylian said:

You'd need to move out a big piece to make room for that

Nylander, Hyman, +

26 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Nylander, Hyman, +

You aren't really any further ahead if you're losing Hyman