Jordan

2019/20 Toronto Maple Leafs

3 minutes ago, gibby said:

Also, the Leafs are basically leading the league in man-games lost. So injuries have been a huge issue.

I saw an interesting dataviz where it showed that the Leafs were 5th in the league in WAR lost due to injury. I thought that was pretty interesting. 

6 hours ago, gibby said:

Also, the Leafs are basically leading the league in man-games lost. So injuries have been a huge issue.

Does that include Clarkson and Horton?

You can't tell me that Buffalo, New Jersey, Columbus, Nashville, New York (Rangers), or even Minnesota have good defence, and yet their goalie make saves. Look at this fucking list.

IMAGE_M_ID_1229852083333083137_20200218161318.jpeg

3 hours ago, Bret said:

You can't tell me that Buffalo, New Jersey, Columbus, Nashville, New York (Rangers), or even Minnesota have good defence, and yet their goalie make saves. Look at this fucking list.

IMAGE_M_ID_1229852083333083137_20200218161318.jpeg

I see Jack Campbell at .930.  Nice.

And Jack Campbell has been winning the games he plays, or at the very least gets us Kryl points.

Must just be a crazy coincidence.

Edited by Bret

1 hour ago, Mac said:

They should be able to get a couple 2nds for Barrie.

Maybe.  But I think moving Barrie sends a bad message.  A team who's weakness is defense, moving a defenseman....Dubas throwing in the towel doesn't look good.

You know I'm all for hoarding draft picks whenever possible, but that just wouldn't feel right.

36 minutes ago, Krylian said:

Maybe.  But I think moving Barrie sends a bad message.  A team who's weakness is defense, moving a defenseman....Dubas throwing in the towel doesn't look good.

You know I'm all for hoarding draft picks whenever possible, but that just wouldn't feel 

feeling smeeling. This year is lost. Stock the cupboard and get ready for next year. I'd also prefer a prospect over picks.

3 minutes ago, Alex Giniw said:

feeling smeeling. This year is lost. Stock the cupboard and get ready for next year. I'd also prefer a prospect over picks.

That's not how this works.  This team is still in a playoff position.  You can't expect to build a winning culture if you cave and quit as soon as the going gets rough.  That's what the players on the ice have been doing...now you want management to do the same?

1 hour ago, Krylian said:

You know I'm all for hoarding draft picks whenever possible, but that just wouldn't feel right.

Looks like the team has already thrown in the towel, there shouldnt be a problem if Dubas does the same. 

9 hours ago, Krylian said:

That's not how this works.  This team is still in a playoff position.  You can't expect to build a winning culture if you cave and quit as soon as the going gets rough.  That's what the players on the ice have been doing...now you want management to do the same?

This team has been for the most part awful since Dubas took over. I’m not sure if Lou left him a ticking time bomb or what. But something feels broken with this team. Now my perspective is they need to shake things up. I don’t believe in them as a group. They already don’t have a winning culture. What I worry about is it solidifies if they keep everyone in place.

Johnsson out 6 months. 

5 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Johnsson out 6 months. 

Cap Relief at least. Hope he has a speedy recovery, expect it to be his last as a Leaf

Leafs acquire Denis Malgin from Florida for Mason Marchment. 

He’s 5’9”, 175 lbs. 

Dubas wet dream. 

10 minutes ago, Jordan said:

He’s 5’9”, 175 lbs. 

Dubas wet dream. 

2 years younger and much more NHL experience than Marchment.

Also played with Matthews at ZSC in 2015-16.

Edited by Ryan

17 minutes ago, Ryan said:

2 years younger and much more NHL experience than Marchment.

Also played with Matthews at ZSC in 2015-16.

If a team you’re battling for a playoff spot is willing to trade a player to you, it’s probably not an encouraging sign. 

Dale Tallon said Malgin had asked for a trade several times, so there's that.

18 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Dale Tallon said Malgin had asked for a trade several times, so there's that.

Odly he has never played for the Soo Greyhounds though...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pierre LeBrun reports Leafs have talked to Buffalo about Rasmus Ristolainen.

If you can get him for nothing, sure, but he's not an improvement over anyone on the team. Maybe Marincin, but Liljegren is significantly better, I think. 

Dubas continues shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

Acquires Max Veronneau for Aaron Luchuk and a 6th round pick. 

ALL IN FOR THE WIN, BABY! 

27 minutes ago, Bret said:

If you can get him for nothing, sure, but he's not an improvement over anyone on the team. Maybe Marincin, but Liljegren is significantly better, I think. 

LeBrun stated would almost certainly be a summer move.