Jordan

2019/20 Toronto Maple Leafs

I’m really going to turn from someone who was really excited by Dubas to be a doubter if he picks up Ristolainen. I’m waivering already.

He is absolutely not the answer. He’s maybe an improvement on Ceci, but that’s about it. The numbers have been run and he only is an nhl defenceman with bottom pair minutes and sheltering. We don’t need another overpaid 3rd pairing guy who cant defend.

Dubas has also talks with Bill Guerin concerning Matt Dumba.

8 hours ago, Ryan said:

Dubas has also talks with Bill Guerin concerning Matt Dumba.

Dumba’s advanced stats aren’t very good this year. He’d essentially be next year’s Barrie, but maybe worse.

9 hours ago, Alex Giniw said:

I’m really going to turn from someone who was really excited by Dubas to be a doubter if he picks up Ristolainen. I’m waivering already.

He is absolutely not the answer. He’s maybe an improvement on Ceci, but that’s about it. The numbers have been run and he only is an nhl defenceman with bottom pair minutes and sheltering. We don’t need another overpaid 3rd pairing guy who cant defend.

There you go, he is an improvement, they're not going to stick him on the blue line with Reilly eating 25 minutes a night.

4 minutes ago, chesterblue said:

There you go, he is an improvement, they're not going to stick him on the blue line with Reilly eating 25 minutes a night.

They said that about Ceci, then they did. They need an improvement over Holl to play first pairing minutes. Holl is getting swamped.

As for Dumba..... his shot share is terrible. Only person worse on the leafs is the Goat. Keep Barrie over Dumba.

I stated at the start of this year, this team had no fire in its belly....no heart and many laughed at me.

I hate being right but now after these two losses I see I am not.

Getting beat by Buffalo and then lying down against the Pens.

No heart.

I want to see someone on the team get poed and call this team out.

Trades will not fix this, attitude adjustment will.

22 hours ago, Jordan said:

If a team you’re battling for a playoff spot is willing to trade a player to you, it’s probably not an encouraging sign. 

So flip this and look at it from Dubas trading Marchment. He knows what Marchment is and what he's not. Marchment has shown he cannot skate at the NHL level. If Dubas is willing to trade him to the team he's competing with for a playoff spot, what does that say about how the Leafs feel about Marchment?

I’m worried about the Muzzin contract. I can’t see him being worth the money after next year. I’m also concerned it’s 50/50 that it’s already an overpay next year. This defence ugh.

I'd like the leafs to target Jonas Brodin or Jeff Petry.  Both of those guys can play big minutes alongside Rielly, giving them 2 solid pairs.  Then Sandin - Barrie on the third pair.   Or trade Barrie for a first round pick somewhere else.

6 hours ago, Alex Giniw said:

I’m worried about the Muzzin contract. I can’t see him being worth the money after next year. I’m also concerned it’s 50/50 that it’s already an overpay next year. This defence ugh.

It's heavily front loaded. So is possible to move. 

2 hours ago, Pittyman said:

I'd like the leafs to target Jonas Brodin or Jeff Petry.  Both of those guys can play big minutes alongside Rielly, giving them 2 solid pairs.  Then Sandin - Barrie on the third pair.   Or trade Barrie for a first round pick somewhere else.

Perry is older than Muzzin, and a 15 team no-trade list that I suspect Toronto is on. And Brodin would cost more than Dubas would likely be willing to give up from the already depleted pool of picks and prospects.

I hope the Leafs stick with what they have unless they can move Barrie or Ceci….that being doubtful.

If they can make a pure hockey trade that makes sense then go for it.

If not ride this pony to the end.

I still think there is too much wrong with this team to fix at this stage of the season.

Summer trades are a better idea

Buffalo is expected to terminate Zach Bogosian's contract tomorrow.

LeBrun speculating the Leafs will be all over dat when he becomes a UFA.

18 hours ago, Ryan said:

Perry is older than Muzzin, and a 15 team no-trade list that I suspect Toronto is on. And Brodin would cost more than Dubas would likely be willing to give up from the already depleted pool of picks and prospects.

Petry is older than Muzzin, but only signed for 1 more season after this one.  5.5 million cap hit.
Maybe the no-trade list is an issue.

As for Brodin if you start with Kapenen, I think you can make a trade work.

Leafs have apparently been discussing a 1-on-1 deal with Calgary.

Tyson Barrie for T.J. Brodie. 

Leafs also one of several teams interested in Zach Bogosian.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Leafs have apparently been discussing a 1-on-1 deal with Calgary.

Tyson Barrie for T.J. Brodie. 

Leafs also one of several teams interested in Zach Bogosian.

Well....Brodie was their first choice until Kadri veto'd the deal.

14 minutes ago, Krylian said:

Well....Brodie was their first choice until Kadri veto'd the deal.

I thought it was Brodie who kiboshed it...

Timashov on waivers.

Just now, Jordan said:

Timashov on waivers.

That will fix things...

so now they lose him for nothing? Brilliant.

16 minutes ago, shovhd said:

That will fix things...

so now they lose him for nothing? Brilliant.

He’ll clear. 

9 minutes ago, Mac said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SatiarShah/status/1231676599013015552

Sounds like Barrie to Vancouver is getting serious. Hopefully Dubas can take advantage of Benning here.

Shouldn’t be a problem fleecing Benning since Dubas is dealing from a position of strength.....oh wait. NVM. 🙄

Maybe move all of our UFA's.  Barrie, Spezza, Clifford, Muzzin.  Get picks and young assets and try to parlay some of those this summer (along with other pieces) into rebuilding the D, a new bottom 6, and a new goalie.

I know I said not to move Barrie cause you weren't going to get real value for him, but I really just don't care right now.  Blow up what you realistically can right now (UFA's), and make sure the ones left behind know that you've written them off for this season and see how they respond.  The ones that fold up shop you move in the off-season as well.