Jordan

2019/20 Toronto Maple Leafs

Hutchinson recalled from Marlies, Kaskisuo denoted. 

Bring back the Wheel of Suspensions meme. 

17 hours ago, Ryan said:

From Ian Tulloch's article on theleafsnation.com:

"As the story goes, Mike Babcock was frustrated with Mitch Marner for his perceived laziness in the first half of his rookie season. According to multiple sources, during the Father’s Weekend road trip in January of 2017, Babcock asked Marner to rank his teammates’ effort level that season in order of 1 through 20, ranging from the hardest working to the laziest.

Marner obliged, and, per multiple sources, put himself at the bottom of the list, with both parties agreeing that he needed to work harder without the puck. What Babcock didn’t tell Marner was that he was preparing to show this list to some of the players who Marner had ranked towards the bottom.

Specifically, per multiple sources, Tyler Bozak and Nazem Kadri.

According to multiple sources, Marner was in tears after the details of his list were shared, while his teammates were furious — specifically with Babcock. They couldn’t believe their head coach would put a 19-year-old in that situation, especially considering how well-liked Marner was in the dressing room."

Wow, Babcock is a gaslighting asshole. Good riddance.

1 hour ago, Alex Giniw said:

Wow, Babcock is a gaslighting asshole. Good riddance.

When I read about this I would fully agree.

I hope he never coaches anywhere again.

Hutch starts tomorrow night vs Buffalo. 

Marincin loaned to Marlies, who just happen to be in Rochester tonight. 

I say enough on the backup goalie situation......what options does Dubas have in a trade. You cannot expect to make to playoffs if you loose every back to back or if your number one goes down.

Come on Dubas fix your mistake.

2 minutes ago, Bret said:

Just try Kasky again. His one shot was in the literal worst run this team has made since the 90s.

I'm with you on this one. Give the kid another crack at it. 

32 minutes ago, Mats said:

I say enough on the backup goalie situation......what options does Dubas have in a trade. You cannot expect to make to playoffs if you loose every back to back or if your number one goes down.

Come on Dubas fix your mistake.

Good luck gettting another team to move a solid backup mid-season.  Especially if the Leafs only offer is Nick Shore or Jason Spezza.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Good luck gettting another team to move a solid backup mid-season.  Especially if the Leafs only offer is Nick Shore or Jason Spezza.

Backup goalies are quite often moved for a draft pick alone and I'd imagine this circumstance is no different. Dubas shouldn't have to give up a roster player for goalie depth if he doesn't want to. 

9 minutes ago, jared said:

Backup goalies are quite often moved for a draft pick alone and I'd imagine this circumstance is no different. Dubas shouldn't have to give up a roster player for goalie depth if he doesn't want to. 

They don't have the cap-space for anything more than a league min goalie. Salary has to go out. Either with a trade or cutting the roster to 21 players. 

Edited by Ryan

45 minutes ago, Ryan said:

They don't have the cap-space for anything more than a league min goalie. Salary has to go out. Either with a trade or cutting the roster to 21 players. 

I don't see why they couldn't make a move for a guy like Alex Stalock. Salaries are close enough that you could find a deal. Dubas could figure this out fairly easily if he decides they need an upgrade behind Andersen. 

4 minutes ago, jared said:

I don't see why they couldn't make a move for a guy like Alex Stalock. Salaries are close enough that you could find a deal. Dubas could figure this out fairly easily if he decides they need an upgrade behind Andersen. 

He has better numbers than Dubnyk. Doubt the Wild let him go cheap.

32 minutes ago, Ryan said:

He has better numbers than Dubnyk. Doubt the Wild let him go cheap.

The Wild have made some questionable trades recently. Who knows what they'd let him go for. 

What are the chances that the Leafs can pry someone's LTIR guy off their roster (ie. Patrick Eaves) to generate a little cap space for themselves and give themselves a chance at adding a competent backup goalie?

How long is Eaves out for though?

On 2019-11-30 at 7:42 PM, jared said:

Wasn’t that long ago the Leafs traded for Stalock (had to take him to move Reimer) and sent him home because they didn’t think he was good enough. 

11 hours ago, chesterblue said:

How long is Eaves out for though?

The entire season I believe.  Then becomes a UFA

11 hours ago, Krylian said:

The entire season I believe.  Then becomes a UFA

Not bad then, could be worth a risk, if he becomes healthy, can we dump him in the Marlies?

Yet another back-to-back. Andersen starts tomorrow in Philly, Hutch against Colorado on Wednesday.

NHL scheduling strikes again. Avs played Saturday night and are off until Wednesday.

5 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Possible the Leafs are looking at Tristan Jarry from Pittsburgh.

Why would the Pens let him go? Just to bring up DeSmith? What would it cost?