Jordan

2019/20 Toronto Maple Leafs

6 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Yet another back-to-back. Andersen starts tomorrow in Philly, Hutch against Colorado on Wednesday.

NHL scheduling strikes again. Avs played Saturday night and are off until Wednesday.

Can we just give Colorado the 2 points and move along?

1 minute ago, shovhd said:

Why would the Pens let him go? Just to bring up DeSmith? What would it cost?

Probably some combination of a mid range draft pick, defense prospect, and 1 of Joseph Woll or Ian Scott.

Teams aren't giving away cheap effective backups anymore. Jarry has a $675k cap hit and a .928 S%.

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Probably some combination of a mid range draft pick, defense prospect, and 1 of Joseph Woll or Ian Scott.

Teams aren't giving away cheap effective backups anymore. Jarry has a $675k cap hit and a .928 S%.

The Leafs gave away Curtis Mac last year for nothing. I don't even disagree with the strategy of going with Sparks, but there are times when the tending market is so saturated that teams can't even get a late-round pick for a capable backup. Now, when the Leafs need one, there is nothing available.

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Teams aren't giving away cheap effective backups TO THE LEAFS anymore. Jarry has a $675k cap hit and a .928 S%.

fixed

15 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Nick Shore on waivers.

Real gud ply'r.

Shore claimed by Winterpeg. 

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

Shore claimed by Winterpeg. 

Marincin and Petan sent to the Marlies.

Mitch Marner activated from LTIR.

Trevor Moore placed on LTIR. Leafs have only $42k in cap space.

Will carry only 21 on the roster.

If Johnsson is injured he has to go on LTIR and is gone for 10 games or 24 days.

If he's only out a week or so the Leafs have to go on the road with no extra players. There's no cap room to call up a player unless Johnsson goes on LTIR.

I hate the salary cap.

I don't give a fuck that Arizona, Ottawa, Carolina, et al, can't compete.

Edited by Krylian

1 hour ago, Alex Giniw said:

I hate Dubas and Lou’s management of our cap.

Nathan MacKinnon has stated he'll take less money on his next contract to help keep the Avs group together.

I'll believe it when I see it in four years. But it would be the most Leafs thing that could happen. 

2 hours ago, Alex Giniw said:

I hate Dubas and Lou’s management of our cap.

I think Nylander has to go. His value is on the rise and might be worth a strong RD if we are still in the hunt come the deadline.

2 hours ago, shovhd said:

I think Nylander has to go. His value is on the rise and might be worth a strong RD if we are still in the hunt come the deadline.

I’d say you trade one of your $10 million plus players. I don’t see any argument for trading Nylander who is on track to exceed his contracts value. 

The big 3 are the players not living up to their negotiated value.

Aye Nylander is looking good this year, got some good hands and great speed.

4 hours ago, Alex Giniw said:

I’d say you trade one of your $10 million plus players. I don’t see any argument for trading Nylander who is on track to exceed his contracts value. 

The big 3 are the players not living up to their negotiated value.

It's been two months, and Marner was injured for one of them.

My big gripe is actually with the Tavares signing. I think it rushed the Shanaplan too far ahead. Everyone got excited and acted like we were legit contenders, even though the defence was porous at best.

Tavares is a great player - but his signing made us get ahead of ourselves in the rebuild.

Having 11 million to spend on Defence and Backup goaltending would be great.

I’d rather have Kadri and a good backup and a great defenceman than Tavares.

A lot of people bailing quickly on this team. It's not without its problems, but even right now in its worst state we're right on the edge of the playoffs.

I hate to say relax, because I'm not happy either, but 'trade Nylander' is dumb. And complaining about the Tavares signing is, to me, so non-sensical that I can't even wrap my head around it. 

Bozak and Kadri were great, I'd rather of had another decent D and a back up tbh.

9 hours ago, Bret said:

A lot of people bailing quickly on this team. It's not without its problems, but even right now in its worst state we're right on the edge of the playoffs.

I hate to say relax, because I'm not happy either, but 'trade Nylander' is dumb. And complaining about the Tavares signing is, to me, so non-sensical that I can't even wrap my head around it. 

Dumb is kinda a strong word. I didn’t say trade him just to trade him and if the right opportunity comes along why wouldn’t you? I don’t believe he is going to be one of the core moving forward. So if they’re not winning the cup with him, he’s a way to get cap relief and/or score an upgrade at D.

9 hours ago, Bret said:

Here is why I think it was premature and unnecessary.

The Leafs would have had sufficiently good centre depth with:

1. Matthews

2. Kadri

3. anyone of 2nd-3rd line quality skill.

So they added to an area where they were quite strong already. It felt like a luxury.

When we’ve always needed 1-2 strong two-way players on our blue line. Who can both stop a cycle and move the puck.

Secondly, we didn’t stock the cupboard with high draft picks for that many years. We’ve already exhausted our tank years worth of high level prospects. One or two more years of a tank would have given us way more talent. Instead, we rushed into progress on the ice and now have one of the bottom 10 prospect cupboards. That’s the premature part.

We never took the time to really build our Defense and we didn’t hoard enough resources before executing the build.

The Achilles heel of this team is the exact same as the one before the Shanaplan began - our defence is a hot steaming pile of shit and now we have the worst cap crunch in the league because Dubas got fleeced at the negotiating table and got seduced by a shiny toy at centre we weren’t ready for yet.

Johnsson placed on LTIR, out until after Christmas.

Marincin, Petan and Pontus Aberg recalled.

If we had Kadri instead of Tavares we’d have $6.5 million more to solve the problem you just identified of adding depth. Of course Tavares is superior to Kadri - the point - which you didn’t address was that he was a costly luxury. Currently we have $0.0.