Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

2019 Canadian Election

CBC predicting Liberal Government.

Unsure as to whether Majority or Minority.

Meh.  Any other outcome would've been shocking.

If Trudeau was smart he'd say 'we hear you Canada, we need to do better, I need to do better.'. But he'll be his usual clueless self like everything is fine.

Edited by Krylian

3 minutes ago, Krylian said:

Meh.  Any other outcome would've been shocking.

If Trudeau was smart he'd say 'we hear you Canada, we need to do better, I need to do better.'. But he'll be his usual clueless self like everything is fine.

It's really quite impressive to take a strong economy and low unemployment and turn a majority into a minority...

53 minutes ago, Check Your Sources said:

I think pretty much everyone figured a liberal minority. I thought the Conservatives would do a bit better than they have so far, though. 

Doug Ford impacted that.

The problem for the Conservatives is that there's probably another election coming in 18 months and Doug Ford will still be around then.

Or, they can find a figurehead that actually comes across as likeable.  Someone humble and personable that you actually want to believe in.

7 minutes ago, Krylian said:

Or, they can find a figurehead that actually comes across as likeable.  Someone humble and personable that you actually want to believe in.

The problem is they need a milk-toast Bible-thumping white guy to appeal to their far-right angry Albertans.

40 minutes ago, Jordan said:

The problem is they need a milk-toast Bible-thumping white guy to appeal to their far-right angry Albertans.

No they don't.  Those votes are a lock for Conservatives.  They need to try to steal some of Ontario back.  Privileged White Guy doesn't get it done in this world anymore.  Find a guy that speaks to the West's economic sensibilities but has a face and personality that doesn't make you want to throw rocks at it.

4 minutes ago, Krylian said:

No they don't.  Those votes are a lock for Conservatives.  They need to try to steal some of Ontario back.  Privileged White Guy doesn't get it done in this world anymore.  Find a guy that speaks to the West's economic sensibilities but has a face and personality that doesn't make you want to throw rocks at it.

Can they do that without causing another Reform Party split?  They're so far right that Maxime Bernier was a couple of votes away from being leader.

2 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Can they do that without causing another Reform Party split?  They're so far right that Maxime Bernier was a couple of votes away from being leader.

Might as well give it a shot, cause what they're doing isn't working.

3 hours ago, Krylian said:

The base would never allow someone like that to be elected. They are their own worst enemy.

Well then enjoy being ignored out West.  Cause they don't have the numbers to win with a robot leader.

They need diversity to grow their party. 

They hate everything about diversity.

Fuck em. 

10 hours ago, Check Your Sources said:

conservative ≠ racist

Correct, but there's an awful lot of people with influence within the Conservative Party who are, though. And they spend far too much time and energy trying to appeal to people who are going to vote Conservative no matter what.

They need to ditch the social conservative side of things that is forcing an awful lot of people to vote elsewhere, but they seem afraid to do so. They should be completely abandoning any discussion about reversing gay marriage, abortion and marijuana legalization. But they can't help themselves. 

Alberta had an NDP provincial government because the Progressive Conservatives weren't conservative enough and they split the right with Wild Rose. I think the federal Conservative Party is terrified of that happening again.

Max Bernier already tried it, but he screwed up getting too big too fast. He should have picked a handful of deep-blue ridings to run in and went hard after those seats with hyper-local campaigns. But instead, they spread it too thin by running in every riding.

Curious, not that it really matters anyways, but you guys willing to share who you voted for, or if you even voted at all? I'll throw it out there, I voted NDP.

I voted Liberal, primarily because that was the candidate most likely to beat the Conservative. 

CPC won my riding by 9,400 votes.

My riding is split between NDP and Liberal. Voted NDP. Liberal won.

Voted NDP and was very happy to do so this year. Gord Johns for the NDP ran away with it, anyway.

Was obviously very disappointed to see everyone in Saskatchewan still voting Conservative, of course, but they have their reasons, however misguided I think they are.