Jordan

Maple Leafs @ Sabres - 16 February | Sportsnet | FAN 590

Haha boy. It’s ovah. 

I mean, yeah they've played like shit for most of the night, but tough to also be playing against the refs. 

Oh good. A powerplay just in time for it to not matter. 

1 minute ago, Bret said:

Oh good. A powerplay just in time for it to not matter. 

All it took was Hymen getting bodyslammed.

Play pretty mediocre, have any momentum built be squashed by diving and awful penalty calls, have the opponents allowed to do whatever they want to you, and have a fucked up 3 in 4 versus full rest schedule.

A recipe for success. 

The penalty on Muzzin before the Eichel goal that broke it open, was called by the centre referee. 200 feet away. Not by the zone ref 10 feet away looking right at it.

That's cool. He's looking through 3 people to make that call, so you KNOW it's accurate. 

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Boston has lost twice to Detroit. Teams lose games sometimes.

Losing is fine, but not playing desperate hockey when they're in a dog fight at this time of the season is not.

Blaming the refs is a poor excuse. I'm never a fan of blaming them. We've had plenty of chances to score. Schedule needs a rethink. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday should be game days rest is travel or training. 

24 minutes ago, chesterblue said:

Blaming the refs is a poor excuse. I'm never a fan of blaming them. We've had plenty of chances to score. Schedule needs a rethink. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday should be game days rest is travel or training. 

Losers blame refs.

Does it suck?  Of course it does.  But you should expect things to not be fair.  Get over it and get it done.

Exactly, life isn't fair. I will say when Sandin got smoked, Kerfoot looked fucked too, just coasted back. They need a bit of a rest. Regroup go again. Personally I'd like to see us play a less defensive style. We play better all out attack,  we look sharper.